This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
September 5, 2019 at 4:08 pm

marekK-11

I am trying to:I want to duplicate page from one language to another

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: Broken elementor page. The blocks didn't duplicate but all the text and content is Text editor. You can see here: hidden link

September 5, 2019 at 4:33 pm #4520747

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

We have a known error on the duplication of Elementor pages, the layout is lost. Our developers are working on this and a solution will be provided soon.
As a workaround, it would be necessary to use the classic translation editor and copy all the fields on the translations, this would produce a "duplicate" version and allow you to translate the page little by little.

For the page in question, I propose to do the following actions:
1. Edit the page in the primary language and note the ID of the page on the address bar.
2. Go to the list of pages and switch to secondary language.
3. Identify the translation and delete it.
4. Permanently delete the translation from the trash.
5. Go to WPML-> Packages and remove the package that would have the same ID as the page on its name/title.
6. Repeat the translation of the page on the classic translation editor, by copying all the fields.

I hope this helps. Let me know what you will get.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

September 5, 2019 at 8:02 pm #4521939

marekK-11

6. What you mean copying all the fields? I have huge site in 4 languages around over 100 pages I need to translate multiply 3. So over 300 pages. I can't do this element by element.

When you will resolve the known issue?

September 6, 2019 at 12:08 pm #4525187

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

The development team is still working on this. I added your vote to the development ticket to increase its severity.
Right now, you will need to the copy manually. You can omit (1-5) steps, by resending all the pages to translation, but you will have to do the copy for each page separately.

Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 7, 2019 at 12:37 pm #4529251

marekK-11

workaround:

- open the primary language in elementor
- save as a template
- export the template
- open new language in elementor
- import the template

September 9, 2019 at 10:09 am #4535853

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Please elaborate more, I am not sure to understand. Does this workaround work for you?

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML with Elementor not duplicating’ is closed to new replies.