This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 9:54 am

enriqueG-5

I am trying to: translate a website built with elementor

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the translation and page translated but it doesn't appear.

Instead, I got:
I don't get the page translated in public access and it doesn't appear in the other language page list.

I've followed the video tutorial for translating wpml with elementor but it's not working properly.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

August 7, 2019 at 12:23 pm #4354879

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see here (hidden link), the translation is not published yet for the homepage (I will also attach some screenshots).

Also, I can see next to the "Inici" page that there are the gear icons showing (this means that the translation has not been published yet) instead of the pencil icon (this would mean the translation has been published).

Can you please try to re-save the translation once again from here (hidden link)?

From what I can see, there are a lot of fields that are not checked. You would need to check all the boxes where it says "Translation is complete".

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 8, 2019 at 9:51 am #4361603

enriqueG-5

Hi, I'm aware of all what you say.
The point is that it does never get translated the "inici" home page to spanish.
I know that the gear icon means it's not finished, but anyway I should be able to see the page.
Please, can you try to make the inici page visible in spanish even if it's not finished translated?
I'm sure I'm doing everything ok but don't know whats going on...
Don't worry because I have a backup.
Please, be free to make the homepage translatable and seen in front-end even with original strings, no problem, I will change them later.

Thanks

August 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #4365645

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Sure, I will be happy to help.

So what it is important is to make sure that all the "Translation is complete" checkboxes are checked before saving the translation.

I just copied the same content from Català to Español, checked all the checkboxes and then saved the translation.

You can see it working here:
hidden link

You can always edit the translation from here:
hidden link

If this is what you needed me to do, I hope that solved your issue. 🙂

Please let me know if that solved the issue.

Kind regards,
Mihai