This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jose-mariaG-11 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 3:43 pm

jose-mariaG-11

Hi,

I have made a form with Formidable Forms to include in Woocommerce products (Formidable Forms woocommerce add-on), but the translation does not work.
I have contacted the Formidable Forms support team, but I have been told that this is generally a WPML configuration problem and I should consult the WPML support team.
I have checked the configuration, but I don't see anything that is wrong.

Thansk for your help.

Regards,
Jose

September 12, 2019 at 1:41 am #4556949

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Some of these strings must be translated with String Translation. You can see the walkthrough in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-translate-formidable-forms-with-wpml/#translating-default-messages

For example, the string "Selección de Impresora", after translating the three strings I found, it worked correctly. I will attach a picture for you to see.

If any string is not in the correct language, for example, the string is displayed as "English" but in Spanish, you can change the language of the string. I will attach another image for you to see (string-change-lang.png).

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

September 12, 2019 at 6:31 am #4558613

jose-mariaG-11

Hello Bruno,

But, this is to do it manually with the string translation, the correct procedure should be the one indicated in the Formidable Forms documentation, however it does not work.
hidden link
How should I do it?
How do you tell me or as the Formidable Forms documentation indicates?

Thanks for your help Bruno.

Regards,
Jose

September 12, 2019 at 7:11 am #4558739

jose-mariaG-11

Bruno,
I have investigated more in the problem and I see that the best solution is to change completely the language of the 'formidable' domain.
Thank you so much for all your help.
Regards,
Jose

September 12, 2019 at 11:24 pm #4564421

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

The steps I posted regarding our documentation were the steps our team saw that this should work - and I managed to get one of these items to work, as I posted above.

In this case, perhaps the best option is to contact the author of Formidable Forms so they can verify. In this case, editing some of these strings manually by String Translation worked correctly.

Also, note that in fact, the Formidable Forms documentation says that it is necessary to change the language of strings if it is not in English (hidden link). That's exactly what I did.

You may not need to change all strings under the "formidable" domain. Perhaps only edit strings that are in use and that are visible on the front end.

Thank you.

September 13, 2019 at 7:24 am #4566001

jose-mariaG-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!