This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:WPML with starbox

Solution:i was able to find the string under WPML->String Translation ->Translate texts in admin screens-> all the way to the bottom abh_options

please try adding a translation to it and let me know your results , if the translation does not work then please review the following response and try the workaround my colleague has provided

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-with-starbox/#post-1140302

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christianH-80 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 6:08 pm

christianH-80

I am trying to:
Using Starbox author info box plugin (with Gravatar) with WPML. But the author info strings from Gravatar are not shown neither in "String Translation" (I did a string screening within the plugin) and neither in the admin texts. I already checked the other tickets regarding this, but did not found a solution.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Translated text from English to German. But before I need to see the strings to translate in WPML.

Instead, I got:
No results in finding the strings.

July 9, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4173819

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

i was able to find the string under WPML->String Translation ->Translate texts in admin screens-> all the way to the bottom abh_options

please try adding a translation to it and let me know your results , if the translation does not work then please review the following response and try the workaround my colleague has provided

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-with-starbox/#post-1140302

let me know your results please

July 9, 2019 at 8:09 pm #4174213

christianH-80

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

The solution was to change the Frontend.php file with the provided code. Afterwards it was possible to translate the strings in WPML "String Translation".