This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 1, 2018 at 11:53 am

alexandraE-2

Hi

I am trying to:

Issue 1 : Trying to translate my pages built with Variant Page Builder (by TommusRhodus & MediumRare ). To do so, I am duplicating them... But once I do, I lose the "connection" with my builder. I can see the content on my pages when I preview, but the builder appears disconnected.

Issue 2 : The language switcher is not working

Issue 3 : My images are disconnected from my builder. Again, I see them in the site, but if I go to edit my page in my builder, they are not found. So the minute I press save, they disappear (meaning that I would have to "Reconnect" all of them.

You can go ahead and login in my test environment; the front page (accueil) is a good example of my problem.

Thank you so much for your help.... It's my first time using WPML

May 1, 2018 at 12:06 pm #1912214

alexandraE-2

If I can add :

This problem seems to be related to the fact it is my front page... as if the language parameter are conflicting with variant builder parameter in URL ?​

May 2, 2018 at 7:01 pm #1941633

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.
Therefore in this ticket let's focus on the Variant Page Builder issue.
And I would kindly ask you to open a new ticket for the Language Switcher issue, please.

I can see the problem on your site.
If I try to edit the translated page in English with the Variant Page Builder, then I can't do it, and I get the following message in my browser: This site can’t be reached. Please see attached screenshot. And it is happening not only on the front page but also on other pages.
Is this the problem that is happening to you as well?

In any case, it seems that we are looking here at a compatibility issue.
The Variant Page Builder is not in our compatibility list here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
I've also checked our internal documentation, and I cannot find anything about this page builder. It is not known to us.

It would be great if you could contact the authors of this page builder and urge them to join our Go Global Program. You can find details about it here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/
We will be happy to cooperate with the authors in making their plugin officially compatible with WPML. But you should know that a compatibility process might take a long time. And it does not only depend on us but also on the cooperation of the authors with us.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 5, 2018 at 1:34 pm #1990569

alexandraE-2

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I tried different things and add lots of discussion with the Theme provider.

At the end, I still have a my variant problem :

Using the duplication function, I can get a working copy.

But then, I need to "re-build" my page from scratch instead of having a copy of my french page like I would expect from duplication. Once I do that though, It seems to be okay after when I come back and want to edit paged independently.

-> But the visual editor in the variant builder doesn't work anymore...

Any clue, other than the fact it's not compatible (which I pointed out to my theme's maker because it said it was "WPML ready" which brought me to buy the theme and wpml...)

Please let me know,

Thanks,

May 7, 2018 at 9:59 am #2007943

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'll need to replicate the issue on your site with a new page to understand the problem and try to help you better.
Could you please give me the exact steps (do 1.2.3...) that I need to do to see this problem?
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.
I'll then be able to consult our compatibility team if needed.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML with variant builder : builder appears empty and images disappeared…’ is closed to new replies.