This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 4, 2018 at 7:22 am #1969642

dariA-2

I am trying to: When I activate WPML translation with Woocommerce, the website becomes extremely slow. Hopefully we use a CDN + cache so the frontend is fast when pages are cached but the admin takes extremely long to load and also the frontend when pages are not cached (when navigating as admin for example). I googled and saw that this is a common problem with WPML that you don't know how to solve since many years now but I was wondering if you could do something to optimize our website.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: All admin pages and frontend pages when cache is disabled. hidden link

I expected to see: Fast loading without too much difference between when the plugin is activated and when it's not (like max 1 sec).

Instead, I got: Slow pages taking extremely long to load, even when there is almost nothing to load from the DB.

May 6, 2018 at 5:09 pm #2000237

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

It does not necessarily need to be like this. I'll help you to debug this issue.

Please make sure the following options are not active on your site. The following options might affect your site's performance.
- 'Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality' in WPML -> Languages -> Make themes work multilingual.
Please read about it in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/2012/01/can-your-site-run-faster/

- 'Track where string appear on the site'
- 'Auto register strings for translation'
These two options are in WPML -> Strings Translation.
Please read more about it in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/faq/why-string-translation-appears-to-slow-down-sites/

Are those options activated on your site?
If you deactivate them is it improving the site's performance?

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML with Woocommerce extremely slow’ is closed to new replies.