This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matijaF-2 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 11, 2019 at 9:28 pm #4377555

matijaF-2

I have a theme Great Lotus (not on your list altough on envato they say its WPML compatible) and with it a plugin ThemeRex Addons that adds custom VC elements to Visual Composer.

I tryed to use te shortcodes I found of those elements to put them into wpml-config.xml as described on your pages but it didnt work.

Please help me! You say WPML can translate anything!

(Pic 1 shows what translate editor can only translate, standard VC elements, and pic 2 the shortcode of the custom addon element)

August 12, 2019 at 6:57 am #4378643

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. Can you please let me know what is the link of the page from your screenshots?

2. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 12, 2019 at 3:36 pm #4381891

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that the credentials worked.

Can you please let me know which is the page that contains that shortcode from your screenshot: "trx_sc_title" - I tried to check the content of the homepage but I was not able to find that shortcode there.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 13, 2019 at 3:32 pm #4389239

matijaF-2

Its on the page shechen.hr/drugi-shechen-retreat/

August 13, 2019 at 6:25 pm #4390297

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the confirmation.

I am at the end of my shift for the moment but I will get back to you tomorrow after I spend more time on this.

I am leaving the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 14, 2019 at 8:35 pm #4397435

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you very much for your patience.

I analyzed the shortcode that you were using and I created the proper WPML XML config code so that you can translate that content with our Translation Editor.

Here is the XML code that was needed:

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>trx_sc_title</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute encoding="allow_html_tags">title</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

I added it inside WPML > Setting > Custom XML Configuration (hidden link).

You can now find that shortcode content available for translation here:
hidden link

Please let me know if that solved the issue for you or if you still need assistance.

I will be more than happy to help 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 15, 2019 at 11:17 am #4400411

matijaF-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!