This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 5:54 am #4176233

rene-r.-haugeM

Hi

I've installed the plugin WooCommerce B2B from code4life.it

They tell me that the plugin is supported by WPML, and that normally there are no problems translating their emails. However they had a few customers that you have helped with this issue.

1. I want to translate the "Status notification" that they send - this email: hidden link
2. Besides the subject and heading it contains this text: hidden link
3. When i search for the string of the content, i've translated it but it's not active aparently: hidden link
4. When i search for the string of the heading, then it's not visible: hidden link
5. WPML settings:

Can you please help me get this email translated?

July 10, 2019 at 9:18 am #4177671

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Have you tried scanning your plugin for strings at WPML > WPML > Theme and plugins localization?

On WPML > Theme and plugins localization > Localization options, please select 'Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)'

Then, under Strings in the themes section, select your theme.
-click 'Scan selected plugins for strings'
-go to WPML > String Translation
-find and translate the string. check 'translation is complete' . click 'save'

If the issue still persists, please try the following steps:

-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
-Recreate ST DB cache tables
-re-scan your plugin for strings at WPML > Theme and plugins localization

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 10, 2019 at 10:25 am #4178645

rene-r.-haugeM

Hi Dennis

I tried all your recommendations, and the problem persists. I can not find one text and the other text is not responding to the translations.

July 11, 2019 at 2:57 am #4185477

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

It could be that these strings are stored in the admin texts and needs to be translated. Please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the the string. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

Please check our documentation about this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Also, could you please do this test?

-backup your site completely.
-deactivate all non WPML Plugins except the plugins required to debug. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
-set to a WordPress default like Twenty Sixteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
-If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If the issue still persists after deactivating all non-WPML plugins and temporarily switching to WP default themes, I would like to request for temporary access to your site.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

I will enable the access information box so you could share to us the (ftp/wp-admin) access credentials securely.

Note: Please backup your site completely before giving us temporary access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML won't translate plugin e-mail’ is closed to new replies.