Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
March 27, 2015 at 2:17 am #588963

kevinM-2

Dear Support,

My site is bi-lingual, English and Thai. I got all the pages perfectly translated, but not the WooCommerce pages more specifically the product and the checkout / account pages. In English everything is working perfectly, but not in Thai. And I dont know what to do or how to solve this. Please check hidden link where it works and hidden link where it does not work. Due note that Thai is the main language of my site as else I could not make the Events Calendar work for us.

From the documentation I understand that it has something to do with the string translations. But for the "my-account" page I tried to set it as being translated, however it doesn't work. I am missing something here but I do not have a clue, I used to work with Magento and Shopify on which it looked a lot more straight forward.

I also noticed that there is an option to get them translated by using local translators? Does it mean a lot of these translations exist already and they can be uploaded like this? I also reckon that there are 2,574 strings to be translated, but surely I dont need them all on the front end. Then I tried the tracking option but it also did not seem to work.

I am really desperate here to get a simple solution and a very clear guideline on how to get those WooCommerce pages translated. This is the last part before I can launch our site, which I hoped to do tomorrow our time.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,

Kevin

March 27, 2015 at 8:01 pm #589662

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

I would first ask you to update the WPML plugin because the version you are running is outdated (current version 3.9.3 / your version 2.5.1).

On hidden link, can you tell me which part you don't manage to translate? (you can attach a screenshot)

To get started with WooCommerce Multilingual, I suggest first to read this documentations:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/
- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/translating-woocommerce-sites-default-language-english/

If you are still having issues, please let me know and I will help you in solving the issue.

Regards,
Pierre

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML – WooCommerce Multilingual Plugin’ is closed to new replies.