This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 9, 2019 at 10:17 am

laszloN

I am trying to: Import german language versions of Sunpadow battery products (english already imported successfully)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Individual german product versions.

Instead, I got: They are updating the existing english versions data. I set WPML data to german language and Automatic Record Matching is set properly (I think): hidden link

September 9, 2019 at 8:55 pm #4540165

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Do you except to see products on this link?
hidden link

Can you please confirm that you are following our documentation here?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/
Please note the remark with the yellow background above the video.
Please note when setting the “Unique Identifier” (@3:34) (@4:57) choose “Connector” instead of “Title”.

Also please make sure that it is not a cache issue by clearing all the cache from your site.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 11, 2019 at 8:30 am #4551701

laszloN

Hi Itamar,

the thing evolved a bit but the result is still not perfect.

With the following process I managed to import the german product versions, BUT ther is no connection created by WPML WP All Import between the default english and the german product versions (I had to delete the german products as it is a live site).

Recently there is no caching on the site so cache issues are not an option.

You can check the import process I made in the import #24 in the admin area @wp All Import/Manage imports: hidden link

I think everything is set properly as seen in the instructions.

Please check the import and get back to me with these issues:

- Why is no connection created between default english and german versions?
- There is a stock sync import for updating stocks in a daily basis:
hidden link
After product language version import resolved do I need to duplicate this stock import for the german versions as well as a separate import or the stocks are handled by WPML for the language versions of the named products and it is enough to update english stock values?

September 12, 2019 at 6:47 am #4558623

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Importing WooCommerce products with WP All Import and WPML All Import requires that you make sure a lot of small details are carried correctly.
Can you please answer my initial question whether you are following our instructions about WPML All Import at the following link?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/
If you have any questions about this documentation, please ask me.

You ask: "Why is no connection created between default english and german versions?"

I'm not yet sure why it is happening on your site. I've just checked things on your site and the following files that you are trying to import.
- Sunpadow Products Data Import
- Sunpadow Products Data Import - DE (NEW)
What can cause the products not to be connected is that “Unique Identifier” is not the same on original English import and the translation German import. But from checking a few of the imported products, the SKU (that you have set as “Unique Identifier”) is the same. I just don't know whether you also set the SKU to be the “Unique Identifier” when you imported the English import. At step 4 of the import, you need to set SKU in the field. Pressing the 'Auto detect' button might not work well. What shows in our video at the following link might be confusing. hidden link You need to insert {sku[1]} manually.
Did you do that?

I've noticed something that might not be correct. I'm not sure whether it is causing the German products not to be connected to the English products but it worth checking that. In the "Taxonomies, categories, Tags" section you set "Each Product has multiple Product categories". Please see the attached screenshot. But you only have one product category for the products that you are importing. Maybe you should change it to "Each Product has just one Category" and check if it is making any difference.
Can you, please try it?

You ask: "After product language version import resolved do I need to duplicate this stock import for the german versions as well as a separate import or the stocks are handled by WPML for the language versions of the named products and it is enough to update english stock values?"

You would need to make a separate stock file for the German products. The German stock will not get updated automatically. Instead of importing another file you can also update the Germa translations on WPML's Translation Editor, and this should update the stock.

Also, the following might not be directly related to the issue that the products are not connected, but I need to bring it here. Please check our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/#importing-posts-with-taxonomies
Taxonomies should be created and connected before the imports. It the terms are the same on the original and translated imports this need to be changed for the import process; otherwise, terms might not be associated after the import. I mention this because I can see that some of your products' terms are the same on the original nad translated imports.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 12, 2019 at 7:48 am #4559003

laszloN

Hi Itamar,

for your initial question the answer is absolutely YES, I created the german import based on the instructions of the tutorial you linked to.

UNIQUE IDENTIFIER
Of course, products in english were imported with SKU custom field as a unique ID as you can see in Sunpadow Products Data Import and SKU is the given WPML connector and unique ID in the german import Sunpadow Products Data Import - DE (NEW).

TAXONOMIES
Taxonomies like Categories and Attributes used in this Sunpadow import are already translated via WC Multilingual. The same attributes has a unique slug generated by WC Multilingual (e.g. brand-de). Taxonomies are imported correctly in the german products, only the connections are missing between the english and german versions.

CATEGORY TWEAK
I tried the import with "Each Product has just one Category" settings but no impact on the result, as you can see in the screenshot, WPML creates the products but german is given es their original language instead of adding as a german version of the original english product:
hidden link
It seems like these language settings in the WPML tab of the german import would be totally ignored by WPML at the import: hidden link

Please ask for a help of any developer supporter if needed to solve this as it seems as a functional misbehaviour. We have 2000 products waiting for german and hungarian import.

Please get back to me how to go on with this issue.

Thanks for your help.

September 12, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4560835

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

We are going to need and check whether the issue is also happening on a fresh WordPress installation. For this, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)

I've already configured WPML to have English as the default language and German as the second language on this test site. I've also installed WooCommerce and initially configured it. I've installed the WP All Import plugin also. But I do not have with me the WooCommerce add-on for this plugin. Could you please install the WP All Import WooCommerce add-on on the test site and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please use the same import files that you are using on your live site with the same configuration.
Does the problem repeat itself even on the fresh and clean installation?
Do German products getting not connected to the English products after the import?

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 12, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4561483

laszloN

Hi Itamar,

I made the import on the staging environment and it seems it worked as you can see in the product section.

What's next? I can't imagine what can block the WPML WP All Import plugin to create the connections on our site. Any idea? Maybe the import logs could tell you something?

Maybe the translations or the use of the translation editor are not set properly in WPML settings?

Thanks,
Peter

September 15, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4574559

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Peter and thanks for trying my suggestion.

When I compare the logs from your site and the test site, I can see the following. The earliest import (ID 1978 09/09/2019 10:26 am) only created 1 product and updated 15 products. Please see the attached screenshot. On the test site with what seems to be the same import (Sunpadow Import DE), 16 products were created.
Was there an earlier import that I'm not aware of?
I'm asking this because you cannot update translated products with WPML All Import. The purpose of WPML All Import is to import new products that did not exist on the site prior to the import. Trying to update translated products can result in the case that you have on your site. A prof for this is that the import with the same files worked correctly on the test site. Now, here is what I suggest you try on your site.

1. Make sure that none of the products that were imported with the Sunpadow Import DE file, and which failed to connect to the original English products, don't exist on the site. That includes also making sure that none of those products are in the trash section. You need to delete them from the site permanently.

2. Put your site into a minimum environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyNineteen and no plugins activated except WPML and its add-ons + WooCommerce ( without any of its extensions) + WP All Import (including WooCommerce add-on).

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

3. Import the Sunpadow Import DE file again and check if the products are importing correctly and are connected to the Englis products.

Can you please try that and see if it helps?

Thanks,
Itamar.

Can you

September 16, 2019 at 6:56 am #4576649

laszloN

Hi Itamar,

I did exactly that you suggested, but the result is the same: no connection between english and german versions.

Theme: Nineteen

Plugins activated: Really Simple SSL (for https), WooCommerce, WooCommerce Multilingual, WooSidebars, WP All Export Pro, WP All Import - Link Cloaking Add-on, WP All Import - User Import Add-On, WP All Import - WooCommerce Add-On Pro, WP All Import Pro, WPML All Import, WPML CMS Nav, WPML Media, WPML Multilingual CMS, WPML Sticky Links, WPML String Translation, WPML Translation Management

No connection between products: hidden link

You can check the log of the import in the admin area: hidden link

Please get back to me how to solve this issue. I have no clue about this.

Thanks.

September 16, 2019 at 12:23 pm #4580107

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Peter.

It looks to me like you didn't set your site into a minimum environment as desired. You wrote to me:

Plugins activated: Really Simple SSL (for https), WooCommerce, WooCommerce Multilingual, WooSidebars, WP All Export Pro, WP All Import - Link Cloaking Add-on, WP All Import - User Import Add-On, WP All Import - WooCommerce Add-On Pro, WP All Import Pro, WPML All Import, WPML CMS Nav, WPML Media, WPML Multilingual CMS, WPML Sticky Links, WPML String Translation, WPML Translation Management

Can you please try it only with the bare minimum plugins active?
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management
- WooCommerce Multilingual
- WPML All Import
- WooCommerce
- WP All Import Pro
- WP All Import - WooCommerce Add-On Pro

Please remember to delete the imported German products from the last import.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 16, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4580937

laszloN

Hi Itamar,

I repeated again, strictly with the setup suggested, but the result is exactly the same, no connection between the language versions: hidden link

- Nineteen theme
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management
- WooCommerce Multilingual
- WPML All Import
- WooCommerce
- WP All Import Pro
- WP All Import - WooCommerce Add-On Pro

As I see in the log:

[13:41:15] Kombiniere alle Daten für post Sunpadow 5100mAh 2S2P 7.4V 100C/50C Shorty Wettbewerb LiPo Batterie mit 4mm Stecker...
[13:41:15] Finde zugehörige Artikel unter den vorherigen importieren Posts `Sunpadow 5100mAh 2S2P 7.4V 100C/50C Shorty Wettbewerb LiPo Batterie mit 4mm Stecker`...
[13:41:15] Doppelter post wurde nicht erkannt mit dem einzigartigen Schlüssel `SU554383`...
[13:41:15] Benutze Filter `pmxi_article_data` für `Sunpadow 5100mAh 2S2P 7.4V 100C/50C Shorty Wettbewerb LiPo Batterie mit 4mm Stecker`

For me it means that it couldn't find the product under the SKU in the english import (but it is there).

Please get back to me how to solve this.

September 16, 2019 at 9:21 pm #4584251

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks for performing those steps.

I'm consulting my superiors about this issue. When I have an answer from them I'll reply here.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 17, 2019 at 10:59 am #4587829

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've consulted our WPML All Import developer about your issue. Our developer asks that you prepare a video screencast of the problematic import. A video that shows all the steps that you are taking and the faulty result.
Can you please do that so our developer will be able to investigate the issue?

FYI, there is a free tool which is a Chrome extension which lets you capture screencasts. You can install it from here. hidden link.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 20, 2019 at 6:44 am #4610017

laszloN

Hi Itamar,

I need some time to do that.

Thank you for your patience.

September 22, 2019 at 11:56 am #4618341

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Sure. Please let me know when it is ready.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML WP All Import imports german products as english (default language) ones’ is closed to new replies.