This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 8:20 am #4177257

sing-leungT

I am trying to: import items using WP All Import to the default language (English)

I expected to see: all the items to be under English

Instead, I got: 90% of the items going to the second language (Chinese Traditional), and 10% goes to the English language.

I already chose to upload the items to English just before importing the items, but then the items still go under Chinese.

Is there something that I should do before importing?

I even imported items before installing the WPML WP All Import plugin, and the issue still happens.

July 10, 2019 at 9:49 am #4177883

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if you tried following this tutorial in detail?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

You should have WPML All Import plugin already installed, along with having a clean site for the imports - two import needs to be done, one for each language according to our documentation above.

You could also consider this plugin for creating export files:
hidden link
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/export-multilingual-websites-using-wp-all-export-wpml/

If all is done properly following the above, then the languages should be set for all the posts properly. If they are not, it can only mean that data is not properly set in the original site.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 10, 2019 at 10:01 am #4178067

sing-leungT

Yes, I have followed it in detail.

Is it a must to have the WPML All Import plugin installed to be able to use WP All Import?

I just want to import the products directly to the default language, which is English. And then, I will manually duplicate them (and their respective categories) to their Chinese counterparts. But now, what happens is that the imports go straight to Chinese instead of English.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks

July 10, 2019 at 10:34 am #4178767

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

WPML All Import plugin

It is not - Its purpose would be mainly related to importing translations.

But now, what happens is that the imports go straight to Chinese instead of English.

Theoretically, it might work if you try any of the following:
- Disable The Chinese language
- Disable WPML and its addons

Because in this case, everything could be in English, especially if you have not set any languages yet (have not configured WPML yet), because you have an option in the WPML wizard to choose in which language all the content is written and that would mean that it should be automatically assigned to English. But I have not personally tested this.

If you have not done any work on the new site yet, you can try the following:
https://wpml.org/faq/how-wpml-reset-works/

The reset action does not delete translated images, translated posts, and translated taxonomies. It only affects translation and language information that WPML associates with each content type.

Please note that all translations you have sent to remote translation services will be lost if you reset WPML’s data. They cannot be recovered later.

Regards,
Bruno Kos