Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
February 6, 2019 at 4:32 pm

jamesP-5

I am trying to: open WP admin page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Error in Database with WPML, please check here hidden link

I expected to see: Normal situation

Instead, I got: Error. What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for any support here.

ProDev
(Developer)

February 6, 2019 at 7:59 pm #3167487

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

This notification was a false positive and it should not appear if you were using the latest WPML version. Also, until we launched the update to make that notification stop appearing, the workaround in the past was to simply click the "X" and the notification would disappear and never appear.

In the case where you were not able to dismiss this notice, you could solve it by removing the empty value from your database table "wp_icl_strings" using database tools like PHPMyAdmin (or similar) or you can simply remove the entry from inside WPML > String Translation.

If it was persisting, you could remove wpml_notices from the wp_options database table.

❌ IMPORTANT: Before following the database-related steps above, you should make sure that you backup your database and website for safety first. ❌

Can you please let me know if any of the steps above solves your issue?

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

February 8, 2019 at 4:05 pm #3176114

jamesP-5

Do you mean that I have to delete from the database the Table: wp_icl_strings?

February 11, 2019 at 11:25 am #3182509

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Not, you don't have to delete "wp_icl_strings", just navigate through that database table which is called "wp_icl_strings" and delete the empty value inside it.

You can also follow this other step if that doesn't work:
"If it is persisting, you could remove wpml_notices from the wp_options database table."

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai

February 20, 2019 at 5:00 pm #3223100

jamesP-5

Hi,
I still have the problem, when I try do make a dum in the database I got this error:
mysqldump: Got error: 144: "Table './Db_name/wp_pro_icl_strings' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed" when using LOCK TABLES

Also when I try to enter the database table called "wp_icl_strings" as you mention, I got this error: #144 - Table './Db_name/wp_pro_icl_strings' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed.

How can I fix this, I need to make backup of my Bd. Also the speed of loading site has decreased a lot after this isse.

Please, I need help here,
Thanks

February 20, 2019 at 5:13 pm #3223195

jamesP-5

Also when I try from PHP My Admin to control and repair Db I got this message:

wp_pro_icl_strings Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed. 1 client is using or hasn't closed the table properly. Size of indexfile is: 3551232 Should be: 4096. Can't read indexpage from filepos: -1. Incorrect key file for table './Db_name/wp_pro_icl_strings.MYI'; try to repair it. Corrupt

February 21, 2019 at 3:11 pm #3228340

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and welcome back!

I spent a bit more time on debugging this and I would like to ask you to follow the steps our colleague, Vincenzo, recommended in this ticket here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/media-translation-error-4/

From what I can see, this user also has a crashed table in the database and is experiencing the same error as you.

Please let me know if that makes any difference.

Kind regards,
Mihai

February 21, 2019 at 6:52 pm #3229577

jamesP-5

Hi,
it has been a very neat steps troubleshooter.
Among the alternatives that the ticket gives, I use the ARI Adminer WordPress plugin to access the Database and "empty" the selected crashed table.
It works for me. Now I can dump/backup the database withou any error.
Thank you very much for that suggestion.
Very best regards

February 22, 2019 at 10:39 am #3231845

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I am very happy to hear that the solution worked.

Can you also please mark this ticket as resolved?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Mihai