This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 14, 2018 at 3:19 pm

vinh-nghiT

Hi,

WPML seems to be completely messing up my variable products in WooCommerce. Although it sometimes seems to work properly, it is extremely unstable, and I just went through recovering all my listings one by one because of issues linked to WPML...

Example of the issues I am facing:
- when creating or managing variations, some variations don't appear nor on the Edit Product interface, nor on the single product page. They reappear as soon as I deactivate WPML (if you test the frontend by deactivating WPML, you should also deactivate the snippet "Language switcher" as it includes a redirect that will not work without WPML)
- sometimes the whole product would appear as not in stock. To make it reappear, I would have to re-save the product translation (simply re-open it in the translation editor then resave)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

October 16, 2018 at 1:59 pm #2821214

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your site and database. Then, go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting. Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:
- Select Variations and click Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix Terms count
- Fix post assignment for translations

After these steps, check your default language product. Are the variations correct? If so, click Update. Then edit the translated product. Do the correct variations show? If not, click Update (without making any changes). Did the variations change at all?

If this does not resolve the issue, please try following these steps that resolved a similar ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-variations-are-missing-after-wpml-update/

1. Edit product in default language and remove all variations
2. Save the product.
3. Edit the product again and click "Add Variation" and create the 6 variations and prices. Save the product.
4. Update the translated product.
5. If variations to not show for the translated product, go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Attributes -> Sizes and synch attributes and update product variations.

Does this resolve the issue?