This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jannekeW 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
March 2, 2018 at 11:05 am #1534198

jannekeW

Hi! I've read your interesting article 7 tips for building a great multilingual website. I was wondering whether when I use Yoast SEO (Yoast wpseo focuskw, Yoast wpseo title and Yoast wpseo metadesc) and when I translate it then, the translation has the same SEO value as the original. I mean, do I have to do this once or twice.... Ofcourse I use the popular search words in both languages and my products in Dutch are green and orange, but I can't see that in German. Can I assume that if I use the right words/text in Dutch, that will also happen in German?

March 2, 2018 at 5:35 pm #1534671

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.
We cover how to translate the SEO attributes of posts/pages on this article: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/#translation-of-page-seo-attributes

Basically, each post/page translation should have the description, keywords, etc manually translated.

Let me know if you have any other other questions.

Best regards,
Rick

March 3, 2018 at 9:08 am #1535040

jannekeW

Thank you Ricardo, I am reassured now!!