This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 10:49 pm #4242529

David

I am trying to:

Save a Page that I created that has content on it.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

The page safe successful and reload the admin panel.

Instead, I got:

Page hangs and times out. We have had help from the WPEngine team to clarify that this is indeed the issue we're experiencing. Here's a copy and paste from their support ticket:

In order to be able to populate a transaction in New Relic for a request to save the home page from the edit screen I had to temporarily disable the Apache kill script. Before doing so the request would always 502, as you are aware. The page was able to load successfully with the kill script turned off, but it took 139 seconds to load. Here is the Transaction Trace in New Relic:

As you can see, the WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication::duplicate_post_attachments component is a single request which is taking up 88% of the page load time. I was not able to find "WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication::duplicate_post_attachments" specifically referenced anywhere, but I was able to find "WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication" referenced in these file locations:

wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php
202: 'WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication_Factory',

wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/autoload_classmap.php
371: 'WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication' => $baseDir . '/classes/media/duplication/class-wpml-media-attachments-duplication.php',
372: 'WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication_Factory' => $baseDir . '/classes/media/duplication/class-wpml-media-attachments-duplication-factory.php',

wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/autoload_static.php
408: 'WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication' => __DIR__ . '/../..' . '/classes/media/duplication/class-wpml-media-attachments-duplication.php',
409: 'WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication_Factory' => __DIR__ . '/../..' . '/classes/media/duplication/class-wpml-media-attachments-duplication-factory.php',

wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/media/duplication/class-wpml-media-attachments-duplication.php
3:class WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication {
18: * WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication constructor.

wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/media/duplication/class-wpml-media-attachments-duplication-factory.php
3:class WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication_Factory implements IWPML_Backend_Action_Loader, IWPML_Frontend_Action_Loader {
11: return new WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication(

wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/upgrade/commands/class-wpml-upgrade-media-duplication-in-core.php
22: /** @var WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication $media_attachment_duplication */
325: $this->media_attachment_duplication = new WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication(
Based on all of this info it is clear that the sitepress-multilingual-cms plugin is definitely the issue.

July 19, 2019 at 1:48 pm #4246799

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Before we can investigate this issue further. Please update WPML plugins to the latest release.

If this does not resolve the issue, please provide a Duplicator copy of your website and record a short video of the issue using "loom" or "screencastify". I activated the private reply to share the Duplicator link from your website.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 19, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4247015

David

Hi there, the site is far too large to duplicate and supply you with a copy. Even if I were to filter out the images and larger database tables, it would be too massive. Would you be able to perform an investigation with direct FTP access to production?

July 19, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4247105

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I would not be able to run any possible investigations on your website except trying to save the page and record how much time it takes.

Would it be possible to have a staging site? We would be able to analyze how the website reacts with a default theme and only WPML plugins.
I can test a new page with a limited count of media and check how the timing increase with the number of images.

If I would like to profile the execution of the saving time, I will need to run it on our testing server where profiling software is installed.

Finally, as you mentioned that your website has a large database and several images, it may need more resources to run smoothly.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 22, 2019 at 9:05 am #4255103

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you, working on a staging site will be better for investigating this issue. I confirm sFTP access is working.
I will still need a user/password(but I can create one through sFTP), I also need to know which page is presenting this issue? Is it the homepage or some specific page?
Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 23, 2019 at 11:13 am #4265437

Jamal
Supporter

Hello David,

I would like to know which page exactly is presenting this issue? Is it with all pages?

Best regards,
Jamal

July 23, 2019 at 4:05 pm #4267891

David

Hello Jamal, on our production servers modifying ANY content forces the page to hang. We noticed that if we uncheck the duplicate method option that it mitigates the problem however we do use this feature quite a bit and it causes trouble across all our content. I haven't tested to see if the staging server is doing the same thing, however this source is a perfect replica of production.

July 24, 2019 at 10:30 am #4273141

Jamal
Supporter

Hello David,

My apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately, the user you have provided in the staging site does not have enough permissions to check further. Please see a screenshot of the dashboard I get.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 24, 2019 at 5:54 pm #4276763

David

Oh shoot, sorry I just granted Administrative access.

July 25, 2019 at 8:50 am #4280991

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

Indeed, now the user has the administrator access. But before continuing my investigation, please update WPML plugins to latest release. This will avoid us to investigate an already resolved issue.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 25, 2019 at 7:01 pm #4285633

David

Hi Jamal, I've gone ahead and updated the plug-ins however I want you to know that you are permitted to perform any and all actions you need to in this environment. It's being used exclusively for your own testing. So go ahead and update/make modification as you see fit.

Please note that this issue is currently prohibiting us from utilizing our website. We would appreciate a quick resolution/investigation into the issue.

Thank you kindly.

July 26, 2019 at 2:52 pm #4290207

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the late reply. I tried to save several pages when activating both settings:
- Duplicate uploaded media to translations
- Duplicate featured image to translations
The pages were always saved in 6-7s. I don't think that we can consider this an issue. Maybe there is a special page that presents this issue, or that the WPML plugins update has resolved the issue.

Would you please try from your end and tell me about any page that I could test?
Maybe I need to test with a new page, please let me know what to do in this case? Should I use a specific template? Should I use a specific number of images?

Please answer these questions and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML_Media_Attachments_Duplication duplication utilizing heavy system resources’ is closed to new replies.