This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 8, 2019 at 1:52 pm

davideV-2

I am trying to: Make the website faster

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: No error wpml

Instead, I got:
ELECT DISTINCT s.id, s.name, s.context, st.status, s.gettext_context, st.value AS tra, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS orig
FROM wpnq_icl_string_pages sp
INNER JOIN wpnq_icl_string_urls su
ON su.id = sp.url_id
INNER JOIN wpnq_icl_strings s
ON s.id = sp.string_id
LEFT JOIN wpnq_icl_string_translations st
ON s.id=st.string_id
AND st.language=su.language
AND s.language!=su.language
WHERE (su.language='it' and su.url='/')

WPML_ST_Page_Translations_Persist->get_translations_for_page()

July 9, 2019 at 10:27 am #4169671

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

There is no error on your site from what I see, but this may be a performance issue since the query that retrieves the translation of the page takes longer than expected. We are currently completely rewriting string translation due to various performance issues and it would help if you could assist us with this.

Can I ask you the following then? In order to debug this issue, can you install Duplicator plugin and create package so that I can try this on my localhost and possibly escalate furtherThis?

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

If yes, I will need WordPress admin username and password so I could download those packages. I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 9, 2019 at 12:33 pm
July 10, 2019 at 12:21 pm #4180107

Amit
Supporter

Hi there, Amit here, I am the WPML support manager,

We have installed your site on our dedicated performance testing server, debugged and ran a performance analysis.

We are doing this exact same thing with each performance report we are getting for the last few weeks, as Bruno mentioned above the next WPML version is going to introduce a whole new way of dealing with strings that will reduce and even eliminate the WPML performance impact, so it's important for us to catch issues we might have missed and fix them.

Nevertheless, in your case from what we can see, there's no real performance impact by WPML, can you please look at this performance report - hidden link - and tell me if we are wrong? or if you have any other findings please share - as I said we are trying to actually catch anything that will help us and our clients to fix those issues.

Waiting for your reply!
Amit

July 10, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4180653

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

(changing Ticket status)