Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
January 13, 2021 at 7:44 am #7831603

charlottev-6

wpml_sub_setting returning wrong results in the backend

January 14, 2021 at 7:40 am #7841099

charlottev-6

Hi,

After some tests and comparing changes in database, I finally figured out what caused the issue.

In some way the order of installed plugins was changed in WordPress table wp-options option_name: "active_plugins".

For the working version of my site, "sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php" is positioned as first in the array. For the broken version "sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php" was placed after my plugin, on position row 10 in array.

Funny is that uninstalling and installing a random plugin automatically place "sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php" on first place again.

January 15, 2021 at 8:45 am #7850721

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

the index values in this serialized array are all unique and in ascending order. So this is not really something we can influence. Good to know that you found this as the culprit.

Do you need further assistance or does wpml_sub_setting() returns now the value as expected?

Best Regards
Marcel