This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 21, 2019 at 11:13 am #4066521

benceA

Hi,

We have an issue that we can't solve at the moment.

We are using the Wrangler theme for our website - hidden link - and our Home page is the theme's home page as you will see. However, we realized that this theme does not seem have multilingual support, so we are unsure how to translate our home page right now. If we go and try to make changes while we are on one of the specific languages in the wordpress dashboard that change carries over to all the languages so it did not work out for us. Because of this, the home page doesn't have a language switcher button either, because it doesn't "think" that it is in multiple languages.

We had a small idea if it doesn't work out, but we are also unsure how to carry that out. We thought we could use an alternative home page that is not the wrangler for the English version of our website, so that the Danish would be the main one. However, we don't know if that is possible of not, but it was just an idea. If possible we would like to keep the Wrangler's home page though, so the 1st method would be preferred.

If you could advise on how to solve this issue it would be very much appreciated!

Have a nice day!

June 21, 2019 at 2:16 pm #4067755

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Bence,

As I can see, the theme description doesn't mention anything about compatibility with WPML (or any other multi-language plugin) but I can have a look at the homepage and see if there's anything we can do about it. First, I will need access to the dashboard area. I set the next reply to be private so you can safely send me the credentials. Once you do that, I'll have a look to see how can we make the language switcher work homepage.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Wrangler Theme issue’ is closed to new replies.