This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 28, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3907805

lucieS-2

I have a shop with 2 languages, Spanish and French and I am using Woocommerce.
The stock is right on the Spanish language (main language). If I update the stock on the back-end then the shop says that there is stock on that specific product on the front-end in the Spanish language.

The problem comes with the translated product (translation is done with WPML) because although there is stock on the Spanish product, the WPML translated product says that there is no stock of that product on the front-end.

This has happened several times for different products, so it´s a big problem and it´s causing me to lose sales because there is no stock on the translated product.

May 28, 2019 at 2:12 pm #3907817

lucieS-2

I´ve been told that the new release was supposed to be out last Friday but I did n´t see it
Can you please tell me when is going to be released the new version with the fix?
My business is being hurt very much due to this problem. WPML should act fast !
It´s causing our websites a bad performance because of this plugin.
Thanks

May 28, 2019 at 7:25 pm #3909729

lucieS-2

A colleague of you told me a few days ago:

"Hi,

Many of our users have the same issue.
We fixed this and it's a lot of code.
This will be included in the next update.
Please be patient till the next release.
The next release will be available before the end of this week.

Regards,"

May 28, 2019 at 9:42 pm #3910399

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi,

Version 4.6.3. has been released today and it should include this fix:
https://wpml.org/download/woocommerce-multilingual/?section=changelog

Specifically, it includes (among other things):
Fix stock_status synchronization for variable products with stock management on product level

Can you update the plugin and open product originals (where translation is affected) and simply click Update, does it resolve the issue?

https://wpml.org/downloads/

May 29, 2019 at 7:46 am #3912451

lucieS-2

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
Where is the "update" button?

May 29, 2019 at 8:24 am #3913015

lucieS-2

ok, I have seen the button. I have updated 3 products and now it seems ok.
I hope it´s going to work well from now on.

Is there some way to update all products at the same time? Otherwise I have to go one by one making the update.
Thanks

May 29, 2019 at 3:30 pm #3916889

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Glad to hear this is working as expected now.

You could try through "quick edit" instead of opening the edit screen(only would work for default language products) but unfortunately there is no bulk option for just updating products.

usually we recommend WPML Translation Management dashboard for any bulk actions but that would be useful when adding translations.