We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 7:34 pm #3676403

marcoB-10

Hi,

in the Divi - Themes Option - logo, I try to set the following image and save it:
hidden link

But when I exit WordPress’ Backend, the following image gets set instead:
hidden link

I need the first image in the Italian section and the second one in the English section.

What I get the EasyMentalTechniquesMistral400x80.png image for both the IT and EN sections.

In WPML – String Section, everything seesm ok (please see attached pic).

Can you please help me?

April 24, 2019 at 9:30 pm #3677147

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

The Logo is based on the theme options and can be translated with String Translation. Please go to WPML -> String Translation and select the option "translate strings in admin screens" at the bottom of the screen.

Now, search for the correct domain of your currently used theme.

Locate string for the the logo/image URL. It might also appear with an ID. Mark the checkbox for the string, scroll to the bottom and apply your selection.

The string is now available on String Translation. If you are using the same logo simply translate the same ID or URL.
In case the Logo has an ID you will need to replace it with a different image you will find the correct ID for the replacing image inside your Media section. It is visible inside the browser address line once you entered the images attachment page.

Let me know if you need any assistance. I have enabled your next message to be private in order to provide access.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 25, 2019 at 7:09 am #3679345

marcoB-10

Hi,

I’m in WPML -> String Translation -> “translate text in admin screens”
(there’s no “translate strings in admin screens”).

I searched for the domain of my currently used theme Divi_child.

I cannot locate the string for the logo.

It should be “TecnicheMentali400x80.png” but I find this instead: “EasyMentalTechniquesMistral400x80.png” (please see pic attached)

I cannot uncheck the divi_logo check nor change the content on the tab.

As you can see in pic divi1.png I set correctly the logo image AND SAVE IT. But when I exit WordPress' backend it switches automatically to EasyMentalTechniquesMistral400x80.png.

April 25, 2019 at 2:41 pm #3683595

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Please delete the added strings for the logo from String Translation.

I can see you set the proper image inside the Theme options. Could you please go to WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization and scan the theme for new strings.

Now, get back to String Translation and add the admin text for the logo again.

I hope it will work out this way. Otherwise, please let me have a look at the issue myself.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

April 28, 2019 at 7:59 am #3697357

marcoB-10

Hi Andreas,
I followed your advice and apparently it works now... until the next plugin update.
I've been having this problem for years now, and everytime I update WPML it happens again.
I'm very disappointed with WPML, not with you of course.
Thanks for your help.
Marco

April 28, 2019 at 8:03 am #3697361

marcoB-10

Thanks Andreas.

April 28, 2019 at 8:41 am #3697491

marcoB-10

I must reopen the ticket.
The problem is not solved and is still there.
I have no other option but leaving the same logo for the Italian and English section.

April 29, 2019 at 3:18 pm #3704883

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues when it comes to translate the logo.

Your next message is set to private by default in order to provide me the login credentials for your site. Once I can take a look at the issue myself I hope I will be able to solve it for you.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Wrong and not switching logo’ is closed to new replies.