Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.06 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
February 2, 2018 at 3:23 pm

stefanA-12

Hello! 🙂

I wanted to bring all texts from my website with status published from English to Spanish language for translation through the Translation Service. So I prepare now all to bring it to the Translation Service for a translation from a real translator. But a lot of texts which needed to translate are not displayed in the Translation Dashboard, so this texts are not available for a translation from a real translator. Some things I have done yet, but there are some issues where I cant´t find a solution. I need your help, please! 😉

1.) Page: Sitio Web (English: Home) is not in the Translation Dashboard available for translation.

2.) Page: Servicio (English: Services) is not in the Translation Dashboard available for translation.

3.) Page: Contacto (English: Contact) is not in the Translation Dashboard available for translation.

4.) Page: Sobre Nosotros (English: About Us) is not in the Translation Dashboard available for translation.

5.) Page: Los Productos (English: All Products) is not in the Translation Dashboard available for translation. This are the category texts from the WC product categories.

6.) Page: Inside of the page "Mi Cuenta" (My Account) are some texts from the plugin Subscriptio (WC Subscription). This texts (subscription paused, canceled and more texts) are not available in the Translation Dashboard for translation.

7.) Static Blocks: Here is missing the "Footer Cooperate" text in the Translation Dashboard for translation.

8.) Static Blocks: Here is missing the "Shop Banners below the product" text in the Translation Dashboard for translation.

9.) Products: All 16 products (Basic Plan, Facebook Tab Object List, Broker Network, etc.) are marked like translated yet in the Translation Dashboard. But this is not right, all products needed to translate. Please, have a look to the screenshot append.

10.) I have 20 slide texts in Spanish language in the Slider Revolution plugin for translation. This slides are not available in the Translation Dashboard for translation.

11.) The "World Count Tool" in the Translation Dashboard shows to much words for translation from the strings, more than 130.000 strings. I needed only a part of the string translation into Spanish language. My question: When the Translation Dashboard shows the right content like pages, products, etc., so in this content are the right strings for the Spanish translation? I mean, my strings which needed to translate are approx. only in this pages and products (WordPress, xStore theme, Woocommerce, Subscriptio, PDF Invoices, EU VAT Compliance, Slider Revolution), in other places I not have further strings for translation. So, if the Translation Dashboard shows the correct content, the needed strings for translation are inside of that content? To translate more than 130.000 strings, this is too much. Result: If the Translation Dashboard is right, so the right strings are choosed too? Only this which needed to translate and not more? This strings which needed to translate are visible on my website online and in the "My Account" page, also with a purchase of a product through WC shop. Many text for only 1 question....... ;-)))

I want to finish my website project asap, so it will be fine if we could finished the last issues. 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help in advance,

Stefan

February 5, 2018 at 10:17 am #1506853

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Stefan,

I am not sure if I am getting the issue properly 🙁

Although the pages are marked as translated you should be able to resend them to a local translator. Just select those pages and add them to the basket. Then send the batch to a local translator.

Alternatively, if you make a change on the original pages, the status will change to needs update. But, it is the same, completed or needs update, you should be able to send the pages again.

If this is not what you are asking, can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand?

Kind Regards,

Otto

February 13, 2018 at 8:43 am #1515755

stefanA-12

Hello Otto,

thanks for your help. With that what you told you are right! 🙂

In the Translation Dashboard I have only 3 pages to bring it into the basket for translation. Please, have a look to the screenshot append.

But in reality I have more pages like (Home, Services, Contact, About Us) which I need for translation.

In the main menu on "All Products" I have 18 products for sale. But in the Translation Dashboard are displayed only 17 products. There it is missing the product "Basic Plan" (19€/month).

It will be nice if you could look about this topic against.

Regards, Stefan

February 13, 2018 at 12:18 pm #1516117

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Stefan,

As Otto is not available, I would like to take care of your case if you agree.

When you go to the translation board, you will see that on the top bar there is a filter menu. From this part, you are able to select pages, products, languages... and in that way you can see all your different content.

Following these instructions, I could see that you have 18 products and, of course, more than 3 pages for translation. 🙂

Are you able to find your content now?

Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

Regards,
Andrés

February 13, 2018 at 2:11 pm #1516304

stefanA-12

Hi Andrés,

thanks for your help. You are right with that what you told me. 😉

I not selected a filter for example pages or product before, so the display wasn´t really I expected. 😉

I wanted to count the words for the 18 products on my website, but when I use the Word Count Tool for that, with the products it shows "0" words for translation. But for 18 products with texts it need´s to show a number of words for translation.

How it´s possible to count the numbers of words for translation for the products and if it shows "0" like in this moment, I can bring it in the basked for the Translation Service?

It´s good to know the number of words, to have a idea what are the costs for the translation. 😉

Append a screenshot, please have a look to it.

Thank you in advance,

Stefan

February 13, 2018 at 3:01 pm #1516396

Andrés
Supporter

This happens because you have sent all your Products to translation (they are waiting for a translator now). I went to your site and created a new product called AAA WPML test (which you can remove by the way), and you can see a new count of 2.

If you want to make a new product word's counting, you should cancel your Translation jobs from WPML > Translation or WPML > Translation Management > Translation jobs. Once you have done that, you will be able to make a new recount for your products.

Does it help?

February 13, 2018 at 3:52 pm #1516485

stefanA-12

Hello Andrés against! 🙂

You are right against with your info! 😉

I canceled this jobs which were possible to bring the texts from the Translation Jobs, back to the Translation Dashboard.

But all the products in the Translation Jobs tab for the Spanish language are marked like Complete or Complete (needs update). It´s not possible to cancel them. 🙁 So they are not coming back to the Translation Dashboard.

But the Spanish products are not translated yet. There are hundreds of words or more, which are not translated yet for all the products.

Please, have a look to the screenshots append.

Reg., Stefan

February 13, 2018 at 3:55 pm #1516490

Andrés
Supporter

We have treated several things on this ticket, Stefan. However for support rules we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This help us to bring you a better service and also help other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason I have to kindly ask you to open a new thread if you need further assistance, you can assign it directly to me. In that way you don't have to wait and we can continue working on it.

Thank you for your understanding.
Andrés

February 13, 2018 at 4:14 pm #1516520

stefanA-12

I have created a new ticket, but it was not possible to choose your name. Possible this is only possible, when we were more often in contact? Thank you!

February 13, 2018 at 6:15 pm #1516679

Andrés
Supporter

You needed to close this one first but I have taken the new one.
I'll be back soon.

February 14, 2018 at 8:18 am #1517160

stefanA-12

Thanks for your help to fix the issue. 🙂

February 14, 2018 at 8:45 am #1517186

Andrés
Supporter

Perfect! 🙂
Have a nice day.