This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 10, 2019 at 9:04 am #4375007

peterM-96

Hi there,

I started to use WPML to create an English version for my German website (default of website: German).

I translated my first blogpost and expected to see the German blog posts on the German website version and the English in the English website version. Instead, I see all blog posts on both blog side versions (the old German ones and the English one).

How can I solve this?

Thx & Best, Peter

August 12, 2019 at 8:09 am #4379061

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if the issue is present if you activate WordPress default theme such as Twenty Nineteen? Because it could be compatibility issue in this case, related to how your current theme handles WordPress loop, so something in those lines:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problems-to-show-in-all-languages-suppress_filters-true-not-working/#post-872537

Can you try checking and altering your blog page code using what is described there? Namely it could be related to setting up the following:

'suppress_filters' => true,

Another thing is that this setting should be active:
- WPML -> settings -> post types translation -> post -> Translatable - only show translated items, but according to debug information you provided, this is already the case.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 14, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4396001

peterM-96

Hi Bruno,

thank you for your email!

I am using the Flat Responsive Theme from Styled Themes.

But I just changed the Theme to the "Hallo Elementor" Theme. I have the same problem there. So I changed back to Flat Responsive.
Can you name me a free theme which surely doesn't have this problem to be able to test this?

Question: Where can I type the line you mentioned?
'suppress_filters' => true,

Can't see where I can type this in my Elementor webpage hidden link.
Would I need to buy the pro version of this to be able to add custom CSS?

Best, Peter

August 14, 2019 at 3:12 pm #4396287

peterM-96

I should have mentioned: I am no developer but just a regular user (a little techie minded though). 🙂

August 19, 2019 at 6:45 am #4413751

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Can you name me a free theme which surely doesn't have this problem to be able to test this?

I see - that would exclude the possibility of the issue that and we don't need to bother with suppress filters :).

I guess that the same issue happens if you activate theme like "Twenty Nineteen"?

Because such behavior it is on your site would indicate that this is active:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

Are you using some sort of a shortcode to display these posts, or perhaps some sort of a widget that pulls them? Maybe a compatibility issue is there. And you don't have duplicates of the posts, correct, created either automatically by some code or the translation management?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Wrong display of multilingual content’ is closed to new replies.