This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.10 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by tribulant 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
November 12, 2012 at 3:14 pm #84103

OlivierL

Hi, there
I've created a dropdown language selector and entered the abbreviation supplied online by WP for Afrikaans (AF) but the flag displayed isn't the flag of south africa. Can you help me correct this quickly?
(see URL hidden link)

Thanks by advance,
Olivier

November 12, 2012 at 3:31 pm #84107

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Olivier,

You must have created a new custom language for Africaans because I do not have it included among the provided "Site Languages" for selection when you click on "Add/Remove languages" correct?

If so, you can upload your own flag under "Edit languages". Have you tried that?

November 12, 2012 at 6:32 pm #84136

OlivierL

Hi, Sarah
No not yet. Is there a specific format and where do you guys are getting yours so I get the same size. Otherwise, it might look a little weird.

Thanks by advance for your assistance, Sarah

November 12, 2012 at 6:39 pm #84137

OlivierL

That's OK Sarah. I found a library of flags and it looks fine. Thanks for your support.

April 16, 2015 at 6:45 pm #600978

tribulant

You probably used af.png which is Afghanistan.
You should use za.png for Afrikaans (South Africa)