This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The browse site title displays a piece of code instead of the title. Solution: The code from header.php had some small issues (PHP opening and closing tag) and everything went back to normal once they were fixed.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4136123

GIANCARLO

I am trying to: REMOVE THE error translation from page title

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: regular title

Instead, I got: seo_home_title............

July 3, 2019 at 1:57 pm #4137141

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Giancarlo,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and tell me if this issue is still there, please? I just want to make sure that this is not related to one of the plugins or the theme that you're using, before checking everything a bit closer.

Thanks,
Radu

July 4, 2019 at 3:00 am #4139851

GIANCARLO

did what you suggested. either with all plugins on or off selecting 20 11 theme resolves the problem , when go back to the photolux theme the erreo reappears. The theme is WPML compatible and the author worked closely with you guys , what to do now??? this just started, can you help find out what's up??? I did report also to them, the pexeto people

July 4, 2019 at 6:31 am #4140431

Radu
Supporter

Hey Giancarlo,

I made a quick search and I could see that the Photolux theme is not a part of our WPML compatible themes (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility) and the theme authors don't mention anything about WPML on their description page (hidden link).
I can have a look at this and see what might be causing the issue but I need access to the dashboard area. I set the next reply to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

July 4, 2019 at 11:26 am #4142789

Radu
Supporter

Hey Giancarlo,

Can you check the website title now, please? I fixed the code from header.php for you. Some PHP tags were not used correctly and switched the constant you tried to use with a filter. Everything should look very well now.

Thanks,
Radu

July 4, 2019 at 1:04 pm #4143537

GIANCARLO

I don't see any changes. please check attachment

July 4, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4143789

Radu
Supporter

Hey Giancarlo,

Can you try to clear the cache or use a different browser, please? Things are looking fine on my side. Please check the screenshots I attached.

Thanks,
Radu

July 4, 2019 at 1:32 pm #4143885

GIANCARLO

sorry man but I don't know how you are getting these results. I have cleared all browsers cache and data, chrome, firefox, opera and also on my mobile android where I haven't accessed my site in ages (opera as well) and the messed up title is still there.

July 4, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4143943

GIANCARLO

please try to access it when you are not logged in. actually I think you didn't clear wp rocket that's why. now I did. it looks fine now. thanks man

July 4, 2019 at 1:56 pm #4144109

Radu
Supporter

Hey Giancarlo,

I'm glad to hear that everything looks well on your side too!

I will mark this ticket as resolved now. If you need help with anything else, just simply open a new ticket and we'll take care of it.

Regards,
Radu