This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The browse site title displays a piece of code instead of the title. Solution: The code from header.php had some small issues (PHP opening and closing tag) and everything went back to normal once they were fixed.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4136123

GIANCARLO

I am trying to: REMOVE THE error translation from page title

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: regular title

Instead, I got: seo_home_title............

July 3, 2019 at 1:57 pm #4137141

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Giancarlo,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and tell me if this issue is still there, please? I just want to make sure that this is not related to one of the plugins or the theme that you're using, before checking everything a bit closer.

Thanks,
Radu

July 4, 2019 at 3:00 am #4139851

GIANCARLO

did what you suggested. either with all plugins on or off selecting 20 11 theme resolves the problem , when go back to the photolux theme the erreo reappears. The theme is WPML compatible and the author worked closely with you guys , what to do now??? this just started, can you help find out what's up??? I did report also to them, the pexeto people

July 4, 2019 at 6:31 am #4140431

Radu
Supporter

Hey Giancarlo,

I made a quick search and I could see that the Photolux theme is not a part of our WPML compatible themes (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility) and the theme authors don't mention anything about WPML on their description page (hidden link).
I can have a look at this and see what might be causing the issue but I need access to the dashboard area. I set the next reply to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

July 4, 2019 at 11:26 am #4142789

Radu
Supporter

Hey Giancarlo,

Can you check the website title now, please? I fixed the code from header.php for you. Some PHP tags were not used correctly and switched the constant you tried to use with a filter. Everything should look very well now.

Thanks,
Radu

July 4, 2019 at 1:04 pm #4143537

GIANCARLO

I don't see any changes. please check attachment

July 4, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4143789

Radu
Supporter

Hey Giancarlo,

Can you try to clear the cache or use a different browser, please? Things are looking fine on my side. Please check the screenshots I attached.

Thanks,
Radu

July 4, 2019 at 1:32 pm #4143885

GIANCARLO

sorry man but I don't know how you are getting these results. I have cleared all browsers cache and data, chrome, firefox, opera and also on my mobile android where I haven't accessed my site in ages (opera as well) and the messed up title is still there.

July 4, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4143943

GIANCARLO

please try to access it when you are not logged in. actually I think you didn't clear wp rocket that's why. now I did. it looks fine now. thanks man

July 4, 2019 at 1:56 pm #4144109

Radu
Supporter

Hey Giancarlo,

I'm glad to hear that everything looks well on your side too!

I will mark this ticket as resolved now. If you need help with anything else, just simply open a new ticket and we'll take care of it.

Regards,
Radu