This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: While using the Avada theme, there is one content element from the page that doesn't show as translated, even if I translated it already.

Solution: The client said he solved it following the next steps: "I´ve deleted the English page and created a new one. With this, it works now again."

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robinM-14 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 3:24 pm

robinM-14

I am trying to have German content on the German page and English content on the English page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: everything in English, as translated with the advanced translation editor

Instead, I got: one builder element remains in German

I´ve also checked the string translation for inconsistency but it looks similar to the tranlsation editor.

Thanks

May 22, 2019 at 4:32 pm #3868151

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see, even if English is set as the default language, the homepage has been created initially from under the German language so I don't know if that is the cause - it shouldn't.

Can you please also try this:

- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons (and leave enabled if there is any plugin that has to do with the content builder that you are using - you might be using Fusion Builder in this case)
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again so that you can understand which plugin is causing that issue

If the issue happens even with the non-WPML plugins disabled:

- leave all the non-WPML plugins deactivated (keep the builder active, too)
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- try to recreate the issue now

Please let me know how that goes and what you will be able to find.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 24, 2019 at 2:25 pm #3885613

robinM-14

The problem was still there even if all plugins were disabled. I´ve deleted the English page and created a new one. With this it works now again.

Thanks!