This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 4:23 pm

marekR-2

I am trying to: purchase Estonian products

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: N/A

I expected to see: Estonian products linked to the new order

Instead, I got: English products are linked to the order

Background:
We are developing a big ecommerce system for our customer. Customers can buy virtual tickets and also make bookings for birthday rooms through the web store.

The web store, when finished, is supposed to have 5 languages. At first we made the first, main language content available and have now started adding content in other languages. Currently, only the main language remains active while the other 4 languages are hidden from public.

We used translation management to create translation jobs for the pages and products. We exported these jobs to xliff files that we sent to a translation bureau, then we imported the translated xliff files that we received from them.
At first we imported Russian content and everything was fine. Then later we imported English content as well and this is when something broke.

The issue:
After importing the English content, all the content remains Estonian on the Estonian web store. The products are displayed in Estonian. When you add products (tickets for example) to the cart, they are still Estonian, but after the order is created, the English products are attached to the order. (post ID is for English product not for Estonian product and all the content is English)

Note that this did not happen with the Russian content.
The temporary fix that we used was to delete all the English products. However, we still need to get the English content working as intended as well so this is not a solution.

I provided ftp access to our demo website but we also have a htaccess password on it. The user and password are the same as the wp user credentials.

May 3, 2019 at 8:58 pm #3737981

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Please go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status and first of all translate the product permalink base. Then there used to be a configuration issue with WooCommerce Multilingual which might have been cuased due to another plugin. I have adjusted the proper configurations for the custom fields _stock and _low_ stock_amount.
The issue here was that something locked the setting for the custom field _Stock, but I was able to change this with a custom XML configuration at the WPMl Settings:

<wpml-config>
<custom-fields>
<custom-field action="ignore">_stock</custom-field>
</custom-fields>
</wpml-config>

Now, please complete the missing translations for products, tags and categoires. Then back on the Status tab you will find the option troubleshooting in the right bottom corner. Click it and run all the available sync options.

I hope this will solve the issue. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 6, 2019 at 1:07 pm #3748723

marekR-2

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for the reply!

Is it mandatory to complete ALL the translations that are marked red as "missing" on the status page before we are able to access the troubleshooting option?

The problem with that is, we do not have the translations for Latvia and Lithuania yet. At this point we only need to get Russian and English content working alongside Estonian. We might not get LT and LV until 1-2 months from now.

Is there any other way we can continue troubleshooting?

I look forward to your reply!

May 6, 2019 at 6:12 pm #3751953

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

In order to sync the available content for English and Russian please feel free to apply the troubleshoot tasks on the WooCommerce Mulitlingual now.

Make sure to take a backup of zour site and database.

Anyhow, if you wish Estonian products to be linked correctly, make sure that the product base is translated correctly and that the product in questions does own a translation from English to Estonian. Otherwise, the default would be that the English product will appear.

Let me know if you expereince any further issues and please provide links and if possible screenshots for the products in question.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Wrong language product is attached to WC order’ is closed to new replies.