This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marekS-18 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
March 20, 2019 at 8:32 pm

marekS-18

I´ve got noticed that my main search bar on the main page is translating wrong few words. I mean Locations appears always in Spanish even I got chosen English or Polish language. My original language is English and still three lists appears in Spanish. Have a look on the screeenshot. I've tried to re-save the String translation but without any change. Can you help me with this issue?
Best Regards
Marek

March 20, 2019 at 9:08 pm #3393493

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Please go to String Translation and use the text search field to locate the string. You might have realize that the string appear in Spanish on your English page. The problem is that the strings are by default saved as English and you will need to change the language for each string on String Translation.
(See Screenshot)

I have now changed the language for the string "Pais" and translated it again into the other languages. Please proceed the same with the other strings and let me know if you need more assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 21, 2019 at 8:12 am #3396569

marekS-18

Hi Andreas.
Thanks for quickly response.
Unfortunately I didn't achieve to translate any other of these words because it appears in English (flag) and being in Spanish. How to change this?
Best Regards
Marek

March 21, 2019 at 4:47 pm #3412907

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

To change the language of the string please mark its checkbox and then select the option to "change language of selected strings" at the bottom of the screen. (See screenshot)

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 22, 2019 at 7:31 am #3438159

marekS-18

Thanks Andreas. That works.
Best Regards
Marek