This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 17, 2019 at 8:25 am #3628447

jillH-2

I am trying to: use German language page translations

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
But only on the menu tabs for 'Motoryachts' and 'Segelyachts' (which is motoryachts and sail yachts in English)

I expected to see: German language pages

Instead, I got: French language pages

April 17, 2019 at 10:00 am #3629359

jillH-2

I need all the information that I was just given in a chat, but it's been deleted in the chat window as a ticket has been issued! not helpful really because I need to follow those instructions and information

April 17, 2019 at 12:48 pm #3630847

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Sorry for losing the chat track, i will escalate this issue internally.

Before we investigate this issue further, could you make sure your server conforms to our minimum requirements?
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Based on provided debug information, I can see the following - WP Memory Limit: 40M.

Specifically, could you set WP Memory limit to at least 256MB and then let me know if this fixed your issue?
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

If unsure on how to set this, you can consult your host/server admin to do this. After you increase this value, you can confirm it by checking on WPML -> Support by finding the “WP Memory limit” value.

Can you also make a full backup, and update WPML plugins to latest release ? This will avoid us to investigate an already fixed issue.

Finally, i visited the german page provided and i can see in the menu links to german pages. Maybe the issue was already resolved!
If the issue is still present, please perform the requested actions above and let me know steps that i could follow to reproduce the issue.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

April 17, 2019 at 2:15 pm #3631835

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, there.

I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience that happened here. I think that we lost all the chat content because of some problem that we've had earlier on our website. I've asked our system team to check if the chat content can be retrieved, but unfortunately, they couldn't find it. If I remember correctly here is what I've asked you to check on your site.

1. Update WPML and its add-ons to their latest versions.

2. By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server is running an older version of MySQL and also your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.3 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation).
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Is there any other information that you are missing?

If you are going to need more help from, I can also enable private message, and you can share with me access details to your site. Then I could check things and see if I can better help. Please tell me if this is needed.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Wrong Language translation coming up’ is closed to new replies.