This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 12, 2019 at 11:15 am #3188045

estherH-2

I am trying to: link to an english and to a german site on home, but both links are redirecting to the german site. The links are normal links inside a text and with the correct path. but it just takes neither english or german.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got:hidden link

February 12, 2019 at 10:16 pm #3191130

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

i am able to access it by going to hidden link and then clicking on the link at the bottom

am i missing a step to replicate the issue ?

February 13, 2019 at 1:12 am #3191421

estherH-2

you got me wrong. it is about the first bubble on the home site (hidden link) which contains several links. one should go to an english page the other to a german page:
the text «Mehr zum Studiengang» has the link: hidden link
the text «More information about the program» has this link: hidden link
but they both go to the same page. it just shows hidden link and ignores the english link (hidden link)
the problem drives me crazy cause it is just not logic.
???

February 13, 2019 at 8:08 pm #3196054

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

what are your results if you go to the backend -> Pages-> edit the default language page and view it in the classic WordPress editor being able to see the html

within there please verify that the link is indeed still showing the correct URL hidden link

additionally please review the Sticky Links add-on plugin as well and let me know your results

https://wpml.org/downloads/

The topic ‘[Closed] wrong links / same for both EN and DE’ is closed to new replies.