Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: We have an online shop that is supposed to have 3 languages: Portuguese (main language), English and French. We have installed and configured WPML and Woocommerce Multilingual, and we’re having problems translating the pages. When we translate a page, the structure and contents we’ve translated and saved the page in the backend, but on the website, the page always displays the product archive.

Solution: Deactivate all the plugins except for WPML and main WooCommerce plugins, and see if the issue goes away. In this case, the issue was caused by a plugin called Woocommerce Onsale.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.44 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 3, 2020 at 6:19 pm #5834833

Eduardo Dias

Hi there!

We have an online shop that is supposed to have 3 languages: Portuguese (main language), English and French.
We have installed and configured WPML and Woocommerce Multilingual, and we’re having problems translating the pages.
When we translate a page, the structure and contents we’ve translated are saved in the backoffice page, but in the website page it always displays the same structure (see images below). We don’t understand what’s causing this issue.

If you need to access our website let us know!

Thank you for your time

April 6, 2020 at 10:02 am #5846589

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Eduardo,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

Can you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this, please? It's a bit strange that everything works fine on the backend but it's not displayed as it's supposed to in the frontend.

I will need to have a closer look at this and that's why I'm asking for admin access. Please don't forget to give me access to the authentication too.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

April 7, 2020 at 5:12 pm #5859743

Radu
Supporter

Hey Eduardo,

Thank you for giving me access to the dashboard area. I had a look at the French version of the Quem Somos page and it seems that the archive of the products is trying to be displaying on it, instead of the content you added.

Do you remember using this page on any setting from WooCommerce or add-on plugin? Also, can you try to create a new page in French and add the same content to it, please? I just want to see if there's something from the content that's causing this issue.

Thanks,
Radu

April 7, 2020 at 6:09 pm #5860321

Eduardo Dias

Hello again!
Thank you for your reply.

We've created a page "This is a test" in portuguese and created its translation to French. The page only contains a section, a row and a heading The same problem occurred but now not even the original page displays right 🙁
And our main menu and footer menus disappeared.

Thank you

April 9, 2020 at 1:27 pm #5876365

Eduardo Dias

Hi again!
We’re trying to get this problem solved as soon as possible so the shop can go online and start selling. Can you tell us how much time it will take for this issue to be resolved?
Thank you for your time

April 9, 2020 at 3:26 pm #5877439

Radu
Supporter

Hey Eduardo,

Can you tell me if you changed the credentials for the authentication step, please? I first looked to see if there were other threads with the same issue (I looked for the theme support area too) but when I tried to check again the dashboard area, the credentials you already send to me no longer worked.

I set the next reply to be private if you need to send again the username and password.

Thanks,
Radu

April 9, 2020 at 5:35 pm #5878493

Radu
Supporter

Hey Eduardo,

These are the credentials I tried to use but they are no longer working. Can you try them on your website, please? I am using Google Chrome but yesterday, when I was checking your website, everything was working fine.

Once I'll have access to the dashboard area again, I'll have another look at this page and try to figure it out what's going on.

Thanks,
Radu

April 9, 2020 at 5:51 pm #5878541

Eduardo Dias

Hello!!
We've tried to login with the credentials we gave you and it worked fine. We're also using Google Chrome.
We've created another user account with a new password and we can send it to you.
Thank you

April 9, 2020 at 7:14 pm #5879065

Radu
Supporter

Hey Eduardo,

I set again the next message to be private so you can safely send me the credentials. Please add the username and password for WordPress access to the fields available for that.

Thanks,
Radu

April 10, 2020 at 7:38 am #5881639

Radu
Supporter

Hey Eduardo,

Can you tell me if you got my message, please? I am waiting for the new credentials so I can have another look at the issue you have.

Thanks,
Radu

April 12, 2020 at 7:17 pm #5892729

Radu
Supporter

Hey Eduardo,

I spend a couple of hours today trying to replicate this issue. I tried to create a new page on your website and I could see, as you mentioned, that even the page in the original language is not working well (hidden link).

I installed just the theme that you're using (The Core), WPML, and main WooCommerce plugin on my website and everything works fine when I try to create a new page on the original language.

As I can see, on your website, the new page has automatically added the classes that are applied to the products archive page.
Can you deactivate all the plugins except for WPML, and WooCommerce (just the main one), and tell me if the issue is still available? At this point, the only explanation for why this is happening only your website.

Can you try this one, please? I'm keeping an eye on this ticket to check it again as soon as you reply back.

Thanks,
Radu

April 13, 2020 at 12:36 pm #5896273

Eduardo Dias

Hi Radu!! Thank so much you for being so available.
We did as you said, and deactivated all the plugins except for woocommerce, woocommerce multilingual and wpml. Then we’ve tried to create a page and its translation and it worked fine :)
We then started activating the plugins one by one to see which one was causing problems.
We found out that Woocommerce Onsale page was the one that was transforming the pages into the product page. By deactivating it, all the website worked fine.
Thank you very much for your assistance.

April 13, 2020 at 12:48 pm #5896379

Radu
Supporter

Hey Eduardo,

I'm really happy to hear that your website is back to normal now and you can keep working on it!

I will mark this ticket as resolved now. If you have any other issue or question, feel free to open a new ticket and we'll take care of it in no time.

Regards,
Radu