Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 17, 2020 at 5:47 pm #6623663

cagex

I am trying to: Setup YOAST Breadcrumb for custom post type.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the breadcrumb for 'Webcasts' link to the French webcast archive.

Instead, I got: the breadcrumb links to English on both english and french versions.

Saving permalinks did not help.

Capture.JPG
July 17, 2020 at 6:18 pm #6623807

cagex

Update: I have updated to the latest Yoast SEO Multilingual 1.2.1 - The issue now is that the breadcrumb is not updating to the proper url but at least is not a mix of languages.

hidden link

The breadcrumb link back to the post type is wrong and not the translated version. On French page the breadcrumb link should be /diffusions-web not /webcasts.

Capture.JPG
July 18, 2020 at 8:47 am #6626051

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

The new release was supposed to fix the issue, We can reproduce this and confirm the issue, Our developers are already working on it. I will let you know here once I have an update from the developers. Marking the ticket as escalated to developers.

Kind regards
Raja

July 21, 2020 at 6:00 am #6640141

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

We have released a fix for the breadcrumbs translations, Please update Yoast SEO multilingual to 1.2.2 , The latest version can be downloaded from here https://wpml.org/download/yoast-seo-multilingual/?section=changelog

July 21, 2020 at 12:43 pm #6643535

cagex

I updated the plugin yesterday to 1.2.2 however it did not resolve the problem. I am able to translate the text in the breadcrumb but the url path is still wrong. The link goes to English on the French page. The breadcrumb is still mixed languages. If you require a login to help sort it let me know.

July 22, 2020 at 4:06 am #6648943

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I think with the need update you might have to resave the breadcrumbs settings. Please try that if that is still an issue kindly share temporary access to the site let me check this quick

July 22, 2020 at 7:19 am #6649665

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Please try these steps.

- Please go to Yoast -> Search Appearance -> Content Types:
- Fill in the Breadcrumb Title for each type (For each taxonomy)
- Go to WPML -> String Translation
- Search for the strings under admin_texts_wpseo_titles: domain

Once you translate those, all your breadcrumbs should come back to normal.

I hope this helps you better

July 23, 2020 at 5:50 am #6657447

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I can reproduce the issue, The issue happens with translated slugs, I have escalated this to the developers, i will let you know once there is an update.

August 4, 2020 at 2:52 pm #6734969

cagex

Any update on this issue? Custom post type breadcrumb path url are wrong...

August 27, 2020 at 7:46 am #6883281

henricA

We have the same problem... 🙁

August 27, 2020 at 7:49 am #6883287

guillaumeJ-4

Same problem.
Please help is needed. Any update on this issue?

August 5, 2021 at 7:19 am #9347295

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hello there,

The issue is not relevant anymore and should be already fixed in one of our latest plugin updates, If not already done Please update all the WPML plugins to the latest version.

I am marking the ticket as resolved, Feel free to reach us if you still need further assistance with our plugin.

Regards
Raja