This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 8:38 am #3701159

peterB-100

I am trying to: change esthetic aspect of WPML on Home page... Can you help me? There is also this white background that really not nice...

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Maybe before burger menu and maybe only flags

Instead, I got: After burger menu with white background....

April 29, 2019 at 6:37 pm #3706155

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

if i understand correctly you want to change your language switcher's look within the homepage correct?

WPML itself provides the ability to add the language switcher in the front end but all the styling is based and controlled by your theme.

How are you currently adding the language switcher in the front end ? Have you added it through WPML->Languages as a menu switcher or a widget?

Additionally regarding the white background you can simply remove this by using some custom CSS.

NOTE : you can add the following in your theme's custom CSS area.

#lang_sel ul ul {
    left: 50%;
    margin-left: -75px !important;
    margin-top: 7px !important;
    border: none;
    background: none;
    height: auto;
    padding: 6px 5px 7px !important;
    text-align: center;
    border-radius: 3px;
}

\"background: none" is what controls that.

Unfortunately the look of your switcher as i mentioned is controlled by your theme's CSS and we are quite limited on custom work that we can provide on the forum but please let me know if that resolves the issue with the white background

The topic ‘[Closed] Wrong place on home page’ is closed to new replies.