This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
November 27, 2018 at 6:44 am #2942864

Jakub

Hello,

we are using scheduled dates for product sales in WooCommerce with WooCommerce Multilingual. The primary currency is EUR and secondary currency is CZK. It seems to work fine until the schedule date ends and the previous price is set. The calculation of secondary currency is done wrong - seems to be calculated twice.

This is how it looks in admin hidden link, price is 4699 EUR which should be 125 000 CZK. But once the sale ends the price is like this hidden link (on product listing, detail, cart, ...) which seems to be a CZK price (125 000) quantified by 26.6 (EUR rate in our shop). The sale was set like this hidden link

The only "solution" I found is changing the price to something else, saving the product and then changing it to the original price. The correct price shows after this.

I found this note "Fix price with schedule sale dates in multicurrency" in version 4.3.7 changelog so we updated everything yesterday (all plugins including WooCommerce) but the problem still persists. I left one product with sale until today's midnight (hidden link) and the problem occured again.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks, Jakub

November 29, 2018 at 11:39 am #2951779

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I took a look at the work ticket related to the scheduled sale date problem that was fixed in this current version of Woocommerc Multilingual.

I can confirm that the problem addressed was not the same as your issue. The issue addressed concerned the showing of the price before the scheduled dates. I believe the best way forward is to quickly escalate this issue/bug to our developers. In order to do this, I need your assistance.

I have prepared a fresh Woocommerce / WPML installation with sample products on a sandbox server. Please log in and create a very simple test case as you have described in your ticket. Once this is done, I can do some initial verifications/testings and then send the case to 2nd tier supporters who can forward it to the correct developer.

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: 9789yMIyxsHR

The sandbox site is good for 7 days.
Please let me know when you are able to complete the example and write back with detailed steps to see the issue.

Kindest regards.

November 29, 2018 at 12:47 pm #2952026

Jakub

Hello Yvette,

thanks for the answer!

I tried to replicate the same settings as we have in our shop. That means adding CZK with fixed rate as a secondary currency and setting sales with original EUR prices on several products. The problem is that the issue only occurs when you set the end sale date to the future.

So I set a sale ending on 30-11-2018 (should be this midnight) on this simple product: hidden link and this variable product hidden link (all variants but it can be set on just one and it still happens). It seems fine for now but it should be broken tomorrow (at least I hope so hehe).

I also tried to set today's date (so the sale already ended) here hidden link but 1200 CZK is a correct amount so this probably don't cause the problem.

I'll check it tomorrow to see if it happened. If not there might be also other specific settings causing the problem but I don't think they are. We aren't using anything specific on our site.

PS: Maybe we can "fast forward" the time by setting another timezone but I'm not sure if it's wise.

Have a nice day, Jakub

November 29, 2018 at 1:37 pm #2952208

Yvette
Supporter

Thank you for this! Let´s wait to see what happens tomorrow morning.

November 30, 2018 at 8:14 am #2955042

Yvette
Supporter

I was wondering if you had a chance to check to pricing on the sandbox? Coudl you let me know if the problem appeared?

Thanks

November 30, 2018 at 8:33 am #2955101

Jakub

Hello,

I just checked it and at first the problem was not there. The sale was properly cancelled and the price was good. However I tried to add two things:

1) Add another currency (USD) that is not displayed on front-end at all. We have it exactly the same way on our shop because client sometimes wants to set up initial price USD. This probably didn't cause any problem but I'm not 100% sure. See hidden link

2) I switched on WPML cookie & cart sync while switching currencies / languages hidden link. And this probably did the problem. The strange thing is it happened only for simple product, not variable one. It happened for all products in our case. But the reason might be I just switched WPML cookie on later than setting a sale or something like that. I can try a variable product with sale ending tomorrow again if you want.

See the simple product hidden link. The price is 20 EUR which should be exactly 532 CZK (rounded to 540 CZK according to currency settings). But on the front-end (and only there) you can see 14 370 CZK. Seems to be 532 CZK rounded to nearest ten (this is set in WCML) to 540 CZK and equaled by 26.6 again. That is 14 364 CZK, again rounded to nearest ten.

I hope you'll be able to take it from here.

Thanks, Jakub

December 4, 2018 at 12:10 pm #2966279

Yvette
Supporter

Thanks for all of your collaboration. This issue has not been sent to our development team for fixing.

January 4, 2019 at 11:05 am #3056076

Jakub

Hello, do you please have any update on this?

Thanks, Jakub

January 4, 2019 at 5:07 pm #3057355

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Alejandro,

Since Yvette is currently not available, I will replace her here in the forum.
I hope this is OK with you.

Our developers were able to replicate this problem and they are working on a fix as we speak. The problem seems to be more complicated than we expected so i'm afraid that i can't give you an ETA for it yet, i'll be very active on this matter and will try to give you an answer as soon as i know the problem has been fixed.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

October 1, 2019 at 7:19 am #4669131

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, i just wanted to tell you that this problem will be fixed on our new release, and you can testi it out now using the WPML beta version 9 alongside with the beta versions of WooCommerce Multilingual, Translation Management and String Translation.

We recommend that if you want to give it a try, you first do it on a staging site and test it out before you try ot on a production site.

Regards.