This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 5, 2018 at 12:47 pm

robinN-3

Hello,

I have a small problem with translating the SKU in WooCommerce.
I've implemented the code:

<wpml-config>
    <custom-fields>
        <custom-field action="translate">_sku</custom-field>
    </custom-fields>
</wpml-config>

It seem to work fine in the front end, but when I add an order the SKU ends up wrong inside the order in the backend of woocoomerce.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

October 8, 2018 at 12:32 pm #2795977

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

could you explain what you mean with "the SKU ends up wrong inside the order" so I can better understand the issue?
Sometimes images help more than writing, so if possible please add some screenshot.

Also please be sure to have updated all relevant plugins and that WPML meets the minimum requirements. The WP Memory Limit needs to be increased. PHP memory limit is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb.
Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
You can check the current WP Memory Limit value from WPML -> Support in the Info section
More info here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

October 8, 2018 at 2:16 pm #2796375

robinN-3

Hi, Laura.

After I made a support ticket on Friday I discovered that my plugins where outdated and that the memory limit was to low. So I've already updated them both.

So in the front end/the shop I've manage to translate the SKU's using the code I provided in the last message (se attached pictures from both English and Norwegian Product), but when I checkout and purchase the product from the Norwegian site the SKU still ends up being the English one in the WooCommerce backend / orders.

Hope this clarifies my problem

October 9, 2018 at 8:03 am #2798733

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

after your explanation the picture is clear.

The SKU is an identification code, so the same product can't have 2 different SKU. You can translate it but in your inventory, you have an only product, not 2. To actually "translate" the SKU you would need to create 2 product.
I hope I'm being clear.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.