This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: EDIT WITH DIVI BUILDER wrong url when translation is published Solution: I did found a workaround. When page is published I need to click the permalink instead of EDIT WITH DIVI BUILDER. permalink takes me to the right url and then I can enable Divi builder there.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 17, 2019 at 8:11 am #3628359

ziga pipan

I'm using latest divi with latest wmpl. I have a problem wth translation and don't know if it's divi fault or wpml. Here is my problem.

I go to pages and want to translate a site:
hidden link
I clikc on a plus sign
hidden link
I click on "copy all content from Slovenian" and then I publish the page.
hidden link

Permalink looks good,
hidden link
but when I click EDIT WITH DIVI BUILDER it takes me to
hidden link
when it should have taken me to english version
hidden link

so I always en up messing up the original tranlastion.
hidden link

If I go back to pages, select this page, use the EDIT WITH DIVI BUILDER again, then it's ok. It's wrong just the first time.

how do I fix that? I have the same problem on multiple sites.

April 17, 2019 at 10:48 am #3629789

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

After you publish a translation and if you click Update on that page and EDIT WITH DIVI BUILDER, does it take you to the original page once again or this workaround fixes the issue?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 17, 2019 at 10:57 am #3629901

ziga pipan

The issue remains the same. I did found a workaround. When page is published I need to click the permalink instead of EDIT WITH DIVI BUILDER. permalink takes me to the right url and then I can enable Divi builder there. I have no problem doing that, I just thought you midght want to know about the problem, since it can be a pain in the ass for other translators.

April 17, 2019 at 12:31 pm #3630749

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for providing this workaround - it may be related to Gutenberg ajax not updating these urls properly (we've had reported issue that worked in a similar way, but not in Divi builder). I will put your workaround into the ticket summary so that others can benefit from this, to thank you very much for this!

Marking this thread as resolved (let me know if you have any other questions - you can reopen this thread within 12 hours).

Regards,
Bruno Kos