Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
November 4, 2019 at 10:00 am #4879505

Jelle

Hi there,

I am trying to export translations as xliff files but it doesn't work the way it should. The translations are also not sent by e-mail to the translater when a translation job is created.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Thanks in advance.

November 6, 2019 at 5:35 am #4894835

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please visit WPML>>Translations page and check you can export the Translation Jobs from Translation Queue or not. Like this image - https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/wpml-export-xliff-file.png

Please check the following documentation for more details and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/#manually-downloading-the-xliff-files

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 8, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4913405

Jelle

Hi Bigul,

Thanks for you reply.

Yes, I have read the articles but still I don't see the option to export xliff-files.

I changed the Classic translation to advanced translation editor, but also that didn't help.
See attached for more information.

Thanks in advance.

November 8, 2019 at 3:25 pm #4914433

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It will not be possible to export the translation jobs from WPML>>Translation Managment>>Translation Jobs. Please visit WPML>>Translations page for it.

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 18, 2019 at 3:33 pm #4966391

Jelle

Hi Bigul,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't see the option xliff file.

November 19, 2019 at 6:45 am #4968755

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please try the following steps and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Translation Management>>Translation Roles
2) Add yourself as a translator
3) Go to WPML>>Translations
4) Then check the Translation Jobs are visible and you can download the XLIFF file from there

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 19, 2019 at 1:49 pm #4972849

Jelle

Hi Bigul,

Unfortunately that is not the problem. I can translate all languages and I am both a translator as a translationmanager.

November 19, 2019 at 3:26 pm #4973919

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We have released a new version of WPML(4.3.4) recently. Please upgrade to the latest version of plugins after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 21, 2019 at 12:38 pm #4987951

Jelle

Hi Bigul,

We have the latest version of alle the plugins. But it is still not working.

I selected 20 pages in the translation basket. Selected all items translated by the translator who is first available.
If I click on translate all items, I receive a message that the batch has been reduced. It keeps getting stuck on this, see attached.

Here you can find our communication log

https://pastebin.com/0UTXX4fL

Hope we can find a solution!

November 21, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4990391

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 28, 2019 at 12:14 pm #5035733

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. I have added myself as Translator and visit WPML>>Translations queue page. But it not showing any translation job.

Now there are 22 jobs in the Translation basket. Are you going to send it for translation soon?

Because I would like to try translation procedures with a test post. Please check and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 2, 2019 at 8:22 am #5051277

Jelle

Hi Bigul,

You can delete this for the translation basket. We tried to translate this, but we get the follow message:

Batch #1
Learn more about debugging in WordPress.
Rollback jobs...
Batch rolled back

December 3, 2019 at 12:35 pm #5060477

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have created a test post and try to send it for translation, but the translation job is existing in the Translation Basket. Please check the attached image.

This may be a compatibility issue. So please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

December 4, 2019 at 11:37 am #5067885

Jelle

Hi Bigul,

I uploaded the Duplicator plugin. Do you need more information or a file?

December 5, 2019 at 5:14 am #5073495

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I made a duplicator copy of your site and debugging the issue now. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Xliff file export doesn't work’ is closed to new replies.