Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Przemysław 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Przemysław.

Author Posts
June 2, 2017 at 3:37 pm #1290342

davidF-49

I am trying to:
Import an XLIFF File into ACF's Fields

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
(An internal development URL)

I expected to see:
Data loaded into ACF fields in the administration panel forms, but they seem to be loading into Standard WP Custom Fields.

Instead, I got:
Data not loaded into ACF Fields, instead in Custom Fields or not present at all.

Steps to duplicate the issue:
I need to upload XLIFF file and PDF.

June 2, 2017 at 3:40 pm #1290345

davidF-49

Screen shots attached (converted PDF to PNGs).

June 5, 2017 at 10:40 am #1291147

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support. We are happy to help you.

Hope you have a translated the Pages and Products Posts to Italian from English and when you import the translation(from WPML>>Translations) the ACF fields are nor properly displaying in the Edit screens.

Please make sure you have the correct Translation settings for the ACF fields, fields group, and custom fields. Check the following links for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

hidden link

hidden link

It would be nice if you can provide me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information). Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in discussion).

--
With Regards

Bigul

June 5, 2017 at 3:17 pm #1291450

Przemysław

Hi David,

My name is Przemysław and I will continue working on this issue. I have found the solution using the website backup provided by Tom Shaw. I am currently waiting for the response from our Compatibility team to make sure that my solution is the only one possible (it requires a little bit of manual work).

I should have the answer tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

Thank you!

June 8, 2017 at 10:28 am #1293821

Przemysław

Hi David,

I think that all of the problems were solved. In the case of any other issues, please feel free to reopen this ticket.

Thank you!