This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
January 15, 2019 at 8:40 am #3091353

Christian

I am trying to: Import a XLIFF 1.2 File with the EN Translation

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: The Translation done!

Instead, I got: The Success message, but no translation in the system

January 15, 2019 at 9:00 am #3091473

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Could you please give some more details about the import that you are trying to make?
Is it an XLIFF file that is sent to you from one of the integrated Translation Services?
Can you describe the steps that you take when importing the XLIFF file?

Thanks,
Itamar.

January 15, 2019 at 10:32 am #3092134

Christian

Hi Itamar,

my Steps:
1: I have made an export of the translation jobs XLIFF 1.2
2: In one File i translate the target content
3: I imported the file again
4: I get the success message

But the content is not translated.

Thanks for your Feedback,

Christian

January 16, 2019 at 2:25 pm #3098157

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

It seems that you are trying to translate a job that was already 'in progress'. That means that you already started to translate it in the ATE. I'm not sure that this can work properly. You should export the job to an XLIFF file before you start any other translation method. I've tried it on my test site, and it works.
Are you following our documentation on how to translate XLIFF files?
You can see it here https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/.

If you think that you are doing everything correctly and still the problem is happening, then please let me have access to your site so I'll be able to check things. Please tell me which is the post or page that you are having the issue with and also allow me to create a test post to check if things are working if I follow the correct procedure.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

January 21, 2019 at 12:38 pm #3112342

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for the access details.

I've checked things on your site and here is what I've found.
When uploading the translated XLIFF files, they are being received into the site.
The only problem is that the Translation Queue still keeps showing their status is "waiting for translator'. Please see the attached screenshot td-view.jpg and tq-view.jpg.
But in practice, the import of the XLIFF files worked, and it is possible to see that they are translated on the Pages screen. Please see the attached screenshot wpml-test-ok.jpg. You can even visit those pages in the front-end at the following links.
English: hidden link
Italian: hidden link
Can you please confirm that this is the case and the XLIFF do get imported?

Please pay attention to the following which might prevent you from seeing the translated pages on the front-end. In WPML -> Languages, you have set English and Italian to be hidden. So if you have not done so yet, then you will need to enable hidden languages for your self as admin. This can be done in Users -> Your Profile -> 'Display hidden languages'. In addition, I can also see that in WPML -> LAnguages -> Language URL format you have set the option 'Use directory for the default language' but you have not specified an HTML file or a page. Please see the attached screenshot html-or-page.jpg. This wrong and you should specify either one of them because otherwise, you might have URL issues. You can read more about it in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/directory-default-language/
At first, I thought that this is creating the issue with the importing the XLIFF files. But I checked this on my test site with the hidden language enabled, and the 'Use directory for the default language' option enabled, but this issue didn't happen on the test file. The XLIFF files were imported successfully even when those options were enabled. So here is what I would like you to test next.

I suspect that there is a collision with the theme or another plugin. Possibly but not necessarily with the cache plugin or the Advanced Access Manager plugin.
If possible get your site into a minimum environment.
Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like Twentyseventeen and no plugins activated but WPML.
You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to Twentyseventeen (for example).
If it persists then turn off all plugins but the WPML and its add-ons.
Then please check if the problem persists.
If it does not persists so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Please let me know what you have found out.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] XLIFF Import – not work’ is closed to new replies.