This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
February 20, 2019 at 1:40 pm

katarzynaL

I am trying to: Add seperate add-ons for german products and for polish products and map polish add-ons to polish categories ONLY and map german add-ons to german categories ONLY.

I already had this working for years.

Suddenly (without any updates) this has happened:
- German products display only polish add-ons
- German products display polish prices (in PLN) mapped to EUR
- When editing Add-ons in wp-admin I'm unable to choose only german categories (even if I switch to lang=de) - only polish products / categories are available in dropdown lists
- When saving polish categories in lang=pl they show up also in lang=de (this behaviour has changed - in the past they were not visible)

I have tested this currently on simple one item Add-ons and I cannot add anything only to the german version.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: German Add-ons mapped to german categories in my admin (currently I can't even remap them - what shows up in the screenshots is a leftover from when this was working properly)

Instead, I got: Polish add-ons with wrong prices (I have a divider of 4 for PLN to EUR), no german add-ons what so ever.

Please help!

February 21, 2019 at 6:17 am #3225041

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please check the attached images. I am not able to replicate the issue with Halskette “2 Heartbeats”. It is showing German Add-ons for me. Have you made any updates on the Product now?

Maybe you will be having the issues because of caches. Please clear all types of caches and make sure the issue is existing or not.

Now you are using an older version of
YITH WooCommerce Product Add-Ons Premium
plugin. Please upgrade to the latest versions after a full site backup. We always recommend using the latest version because of the security, compatibility and performance concerns.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 21, 2019 at 11:24 am #3226975

katarzynaL

Dear Bigul,

thank you for your response. I couldn't wait yesterday - my peak traffic hours were coming and this is a live website.

I found a nice backlog of all versions of Product Add-ons yesterday and testem them all one by one.

The newest that works is 1.3.3. After that in 1.3.4 they have added this:
Fix: Add-ons for WPML translations

You can see it here:
hidden link

I have an open support ticket with the guys at YITH to try to solve this so I can use the latest version - for now - I had to downgrade to prevent loosing sales.

I will update this thread as the issue develops - maybe someone else will have the same issue.

The main problem is that with the newest version they suggest translating options via String Translate which is fine and all but it doesn't allow the translation of:
01. Images for the Add-ons (I have detailed language specific images)
02. Prices - this is a huge problem - if I enter the price of 50 PLN for example in polish it translates to 50 EUR in german

Also the whole translation process using String Translate is a nightmare with this plugin as I have many options that are named the same in polish and translate differently to german and I can't identify which one I'm translating via String Translate.

February 21, 2019 at 5:57 pm

The topic ‘[Closed] YITH Product Add-ons suddenly changed working logic’ is closed to new replies.