Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelD-67 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
February 11, 2019 at 9:56 am #3181869

michaelD-67

In website fun4all.gr I can't find hwo to translate YITH Wishlist Header Text and some texts in Boxshop Theme Options. I send you attached screenshots to have a view and help me to solve.

Thanks in advance!

Michael Diamantidis
Vision Computer Applications
Greece

3178241-YITH_WishList.jpg
3178241-BoxShopOptions.jpg
February 11, 2019 at 1:30 pm #3183112

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

The way to translate those strings really depends on how they have been implemented in the code.

My guess is that step 2 below might be the solution for your specific case as it seems to me that those fields might not be present in WPML > String Translation at the moment.

1. Can you please let me know if you tried to go to WPML > String Translation and search for any of the words in those sentences?

Here is some very helpful documentation on how to use the String Translation plugin:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If it's not there, it could help if you scan the plugin/theme that's generating the strings and then go back to WPML > String Translation and see if the strings show up:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

2. If you can't find it inside the WPML > String Translation, it might be added as admin text.

This should be the normal process to translate admin texts:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

If you still can't find it, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

Also, can you please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

February 12, 2019 at 6:03 pm #3190267

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Thank you for the credentials, I can confirm that they work.

I have also seen that you wrote this: "..so please look at my attached files and help.."

I don't see any attached files. Can you please let me know if you wanted to attach any files to this?

Or maybe you forgot?

Let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai

February 12, 2019 at 7:14 pm #3190497

michaelD-67

Dear Sir,
I have attached files in this thread with replay number:#3181869.
Thanks in advance!
Michael Diamantidis

February 13, 2019 at 8:08 pm #3196055

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Thank you for letting me know.

I will get back to you as soon as I have more info.

Kind regards,
Mihai

February 15, 2019 at 3:02 pm #3205499

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I was able to find the strings in WPML > String Translation > "Translate texts in admin screens" (hidden link) as they are admin text screens.

1. Before you can be able to add the strings to the WPML String Translation, I will need you to increase the MaxInputVars to this value: 47000

For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 47000 ;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 47000 ;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 47000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. After you do that, you should be able to follow the next steps in order to add those strings to your WPML String Translation list:

- Go to WPML >> String Translations >> Translate texts in admin screens »
- Search for "theme_mods_boxshop-child" and then expand that field by clicking the +
- Select that checkbox next to each of the strings you want to add to String Translation
- Scroll all the way down and press the 'Apply' button
- Go to WPML >> String Translations
- Find the strings, translate them, check the box for "use translation" and save

That should be all. 🙂

Please let me know how that goes.

Just a note that I don't work on the weekends so I will be able to get back to you in the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 16.54.19.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 16.54.33.png
February 19, 2019 at 5:07 pm #3218284

michaelD-67

Dear Sir,
I follow all the instructions that you gave me. My provider increase all variables and I translate the YITH title. But when I found the admin string and checked and apply then I can't find them in String Translations.
Thanks in advance!
Michael Diamantidis
Vision Computer Applications
Greece

February 20, 2019 at 12:00 pm #3221466

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

If you go here (hidden link - also attaching screenshot), you will see that the MaxInputVars is set to just "5120" not to 47000.

Please go to WPML > Support and check after the hosting changes the values.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 13.57.59.png
February 25, 2019 at 11:32 am #3239438

michaelD-67

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!