If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 5:19 am #4318785

kevinK-32

I am trying to:
We had our site structure as "Language name added as a parameter", but later found out that this does not work for the search function. (search also switches back to the original language, which is set to be English). So, we changed it to "Different languages in directories" as suggested here on the help forum. Now, we had to manually change some of the links in our pages as expected. But one of the area we cannot change is that our YITH wishlist link is still set to the old "Language name added as a parameter" instead of linking it to the new structure "Different languages in directories".

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

A translated (traditional Chinese) wishlist

Instead, I got:

redirected back to the English wishlist

August 1, 2019 at 8:48 am #4319947

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

From the debug information I can see that the WP Memory limit is 40MB.
At least 128 MB is required for WPML.

Could you please update the same? You can read the minimum requirements here:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

The YITH Wishlist strings are normally stored in the admin texts. To translate them, go to WPML -> String Translation -> Translate strings in admin texts. Add them to the string translation table and then translate from there.

Please let me know whether this works for you.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 2, 2019 at 2:23 am #4325865

kevinK-32

Thanks for the reply; but:

1. we are in the middle of increasing our WP memory, and thank you for letting us know.

2. We looked at all the admin text but still could not find the string of the wishlist link. (see attached) is this because we haven't increased our WP memory?

Thanks!

August 2, 2019 at 8:28 am #4328087

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

To increase the WP Memory, please add this code to your wp-config.php file:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

You can read more about this here:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php

Regarding the wishlist, have you translated the wishlist page to Chinese?
If you have not translated, please translate & check the link again.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 2, 2019 at 11:20 am #4329349

kevinK-32

We are not able to translate the wishlist page, since it is just a short-code. (please see attached image.)

The problem is not because we do not have a Chinese page for it, it is because the link is pointing to our old url. If you go back and read my first message, you will understand. The problem is that we changed our site structure because our search function wasn't working. So we had to change it from "Language name added as a parameter" to "Different languages in directories". But the url link for the wishlist is still under the old one...

Thanks for your assistance.

August 2, 2019 at 12:39 pm #4330043

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Also, please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 3, 2019 at 7:20 am #4334113

kevinK-32

Hello,
We are not able to find any option that allows us to send you a private reply though. Attached is the screenshot of our interface.

Thanks!

August 3, 2019 at 5:31 pm #4334913

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please check now?

Thanks,
Rohan

August 4, 2019 at 7:27 am #4335701

kevinK-32

Hello, still the same...

The Wishlist link should be hidden link

But our site structure should be hidden link now...

August 4, 2019 at 8:16 am #4335825

kevinK-32

Could you please resend the private reply agian? Sorry.

August 5, 2019 at 5:14 am #4337881

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I've enabled the private reply.
Please share the details.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 5, 2019 at 10:22 am #4339697

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

The Chinese Wishlist is working now.
Please check: hidden link
The issue occurred because the Wishlist page was not translated into Chinese.
I've just translated it now.

Thanks,
Rohan