Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The Yoast Breadcrumb is not showing the translation on the frontend, for CPT post.

Solution:
1) Install Yoast ML addon plugin

2) Go to Seo > Search Appearance > Content type and set correct settings for "Breadcrumb settings for your CPT archive"

3) Make sure this string is then translated via WPML String translation.

Relevant Documentation:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Sean 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
July 30, 2020 at 4:54 pm #6710645

Sean

The Yoast Breadcrumb is not showing the translation on the frontend.

July 31, 2020 at 8:21 am #6713311

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I will be taking over this ticket, please follow Lauren instructions to migrate the website to our servers.

Also before migration please create admin user and share credentials with me in your next reply, I have enabled private fields.

You can delete that user once the migration is done.

I see staging and live site are not completely the same, maybe there is also some difference in plugin/theme versions, settings, translation. We had a similar issue with the previous version of Yoast, but it should be solved with the latest versions.

Let me know how it goes and when I can check the issue.

Thanks,
Drazen

July 31, 2020 at 5:09 pm #6717101

Sean

Thanks Dražen,

I checked Staging and Production. Staging actually has older versions of WPML and related WPML plugins. The bug does not happen on Staging, just production.

Production has the latest WPML and Yoast. I wonder if it is a slight bug in one of the recent updates?

I'm trying to figure out how to provide you with a replicate. I don't want the live site touched. Staging is is not showing the problem, but I suppose I can over-write staging to match production exactly and give you access to staging.

I'll do that Tuesday (it's a long weekend in Canada)....

Thanks,
Sean

August 3, 2020 at 6:51 am #6723847

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Sean,

thanks for getting back.

1) I do not see it reported in our system. If it is a compatibility issue with the latest versions we can easily check.

I am providing you with a sandbox site where you can try to reproduce the issue. I have already created CPT and configured WPML, all you need to do is install YOAST premium latest versions and check if you can reproduce the issue the same as on your live website.

- LOGIN LINK: hidden link
- CPT FRENCH: hidden link

2) Giving access to staging would be helpful too if the issue is not reproduced on a clean sandbox.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Drazen

August 5, 2020 at 8:12 pm #6743815

Sean

Hi there, I have re-upped the staging site so it is the same as the live site. I think that would be the best way to debug.

How do I safely send you the WP user and SFTP account access? Is this comment box safe?

August 6, 2020 at 12:27 pm #6749275

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for the reply and for taking the time to prepare a staging site.

I have enabled the private username and password fields for your next reply.

I need both WP admin and FTP access.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator, and then add those credentials in the private fields mentioned.

You can safely add your information into these fields.

Thank you.
Drazen

August 6, 2020 at 2:46 pm #6750499

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I have checked your issue and managed to fix the issue. 🙂

In order for WPML to work correctly with the Yoast plugin, Yoast ML addon is required as described in our documentation:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/

1) I have installed Yoast ML addon plugin

2) Go to Seo > Search Appearance > Content type and set correct settings for "Breadcrumb settings for Success Stories archive"

3) Make sure this string is translated via WPML String translation.

Everything working fine now, please check the image attached and your staging site.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.