This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 4, 2019 at 6:33 pm

tilenS

I am trying to: Have visible Yoast seo fields when I am translating products with Classic translator and not manually changing SEO fields on the product page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
Check for example product: Boxing Punch Bag Speed Ball Stand Height Adjustable Home Training Station where SEO fields were not manually changed

I expected to see: Yoast fields when translating products with Classis translator. All products have a default value in en language (Product Title, Page Title). They are visible on the product page, but not when I click on Pencil icon to add translations. They are visible only after I manually change the test on the product page. But since we will have a lot of products, I don't want to do that manually.

Instead, I got: No SEO fields are visible in Classis Translator if I don't change something manually on a product page in Yoast fields.

August 5, 2019 at 6:05 pm #4342461

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Please make sure that you are following our instruction on how to work with WPML and Yoast SEO plugin here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/

To translate the global SEO attributes that you have set in SEO -> Search Appearance -> Products, please go to String Translation, select the admin_texts_wpseo_titles domain, find the global elements there and translate them. Please, what the video on our documentation from this point. hidden link

In the 'Boxing Punch Bag Speed Ball Stand Height Adjustable Home Training Station' product that gave me an example, I've added some text of my own to check things. And if I update the page and then edit the translation, then I can see the Yoast meta fields available for translation. Please see the attached screenshot. So t looks like things are working correctly. Please let me know if you have any questions about this issue.

Please note the Yoast SEO Multilingual plugin was not update to its latest version on your so I updated it for you. Please see the attached screenshot.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

August 5, 2019 at 8:03 pm #4342949

tilenS

Hi Itamar,

thanks for your reply.

I would like to avoid manually open every product and adding description and title there, so the fields will be visible in Classic translator.

I want the SEO fields in Classic translator without any manual work on the original product page.

For example product Decorative Lamp - Hanging Stylish Ceiling Light Energy Efficiency Class A++ (Black) - I don't want to open the original product page, I just want to translate it as it is. The problem is if I go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual and than select the product I don't have field SEO title and description.

How can we solve this, without manually adding some text to the product's original page?

Best regards,
Tilen

August 6, 2019 at 4:28 pm #4349585

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Tilen.

I hope that I understand you correctly.

1. In SEO -> Search Appearance -> Content Types you have set the template for the SEO Title and Meta description to be Title, Separator, wp_price. Please see the attached screenshot search-appearance.jpg.

2. In this case, the title and meta name="description" of your products will be formed from the title of the product and its price. If we take, for example the product Decorative Lamp - Hanging Stylish Ceiling Light Energy Efficiency Class A++ (Black) it will be like so:

<title>Decorative Lamp - Hanging Stylish Ceiling Light Energy Efficiency Class A++ (Black) - &euro;68.99</title>
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" />

<!-- This site is optimized with the Yoast SEO plugin v11.7 - <em><u>hidden link</u></em> -->
<meta name="description" content="Decorative Lamp - Hanging Stylish Ceiling Light Energy Efficiency Class A++ (Black) - &euro;68.99"/>

You can se it here view-source:hidden link

3. So for the translated product, you will get the product's translated title and price (if it is different). And there is no action needed from you either on the original product nor on the translated product. I've tried it on the example product that you gave and it works. I changed just a little bit the title by adding hr- at the beginning (because I don't speak Slovenian). And this change is visible. You can see it here.
view-source:hidden link

Please let me know if this helps you to understand the issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 6, 2019 at 7:23 pm #4350171

tilenS

Hi Itamar,

can you please check the video, I think it will be clearer: hidden link

To sum up, we don't want to touch the original product (English product), but go to WooCommerce Multilingual and translate immediately. We don't want to go and add SEO text just that fields in WPML CLassic Translator will appear.

Best,
Tilen

August 7, 2019 at 1:11 pm #4355293

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Tilen and thanks a lot for the video.

What you are showing on the video is the correct procedure and behavior. Only if you manually edit the SEO snippet, you will get the SEO fields for translation on WPML's Translation Editor. This is what I was trying to explain to you in my previous reply, and I'm sorry if it was not clear. I also explained that if you do not change anything WPML takes care of this and will automatically put the correct and translated value in the meta tags according to the template that you have set in SEO -> Search Appearance -> Content Types.

Maybe I'm not getting exactly what you are trying to achieve.
Can you please explain to me why do you need SEO fields to show in the Translation Editor even if you don't change the SEO snippet manually?
Do you want to have a different template for the translated pages?
What I mean is maybe you don't want it to be Title, Separator, wp_price?

I want to remind you that WPML takes care of this and puts the translation in the meta tag. In your case, it is only the title that supposes to be translated. So for example, if the title of the product in English is 'My product' then in Slovenian it will be 'Moj izdelek'. WPML will know to assign the correct translation in the meta tags.

Please, let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Yoast fields with default variables (Title, Page) not visible in Classic transla’ is closed to new replies.