This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
February 19, 2019 at 4:54 pm #3218188

alfredR-2

Hello Support

We have a Issue with YOAST SEO and the newest Version WPML. If we update, the Permalinks for Sub-Categorys don't work anymore. We have in Yoast the Function "Category URLs / Remove the categories prefix" activated to Remove the Category inside of Slug.

You have in your Changelog changes, which affect this.

We revert back to: sitepress-multilingual-cms.4.1.4
This Version works.

Can you take a look? We testet on Demo Installation which are only this two Plugins are active.

Greetings
Jonat

February 20, 2019 at 1:14 pm #3221896

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

I noticed you are using an outdated version of WPML. Please, could you upgrade WPML to the latest version, 4.2.1?

Also, please, could you try resetting the permalinks to see if the problem is fixed? To do this, click on the Settings > Permalinks and just click the "Save changes" button.

Following these steps, does the problem persist?

Thank you.

February 20, 2019 at 9:44 pm #3223870

alfredR-2

Hello.

Sure we save the permalink after 😉 And yes. I wrote with the newest version. The debug log was from before when the permalink still was working. After the update they don't work anymore.

Greetings Jonat

February 21, 2019 at 1:42 am #3224253

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

I think I've been able to replicate the problem you're reporting and our developers are aware of that.

This seems to be a compatibility problem. To fix this problem, you can test this workaround:

- Click on the Plugins > Add New
- Install the "No Category Base (WPML)"
- Disable WPML plugins
- Flush permalinks (Settings > Permalinks)

At the moment this is the workaround for making categories and subcategories work without the "/category/" bases.

Note that our developers are aware of this problem, but we do not have a deadline when this will be fixed.

By following the steps above, please let me know if the problem persists. If it persists, try disabling Yoast's "Strip category base" option (hidden link) and keep only "No Category Base (WPML)".

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Yoast SEO and newest Version WPML’ is closed to new replies.