This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.52 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 4:04 pm #3705237

Ecosurvey

Hi,
on the web site hidden link is installed WPML plugin: I received the following message from Yoast: add a "Yoast SEO Multilingual" to support WPML, as you can see in the screenshot in attachment. Consider that I'd not install a new plugin, regarding WPML, without your indications, the question of this ticket is: this plugin is necessary?

As you can see in WPML Debug info, in the web site hidden link the installed plugins are 5, the not instlled plugings are 4, as following:

WPML Multilingual CMS Installato Sì 4.2.5
WPML CMS Nav Installato Sì 1.5.0
WPML String Translation Installato Sì 2.10.3
WPML Sticky Links Non installato No n/d
WPML Translation Management Installato Sì 2.8.4
WPML Media Installato Sì 2.5.1
WooCommerce Multilingual Non installato No n/d
Gravity Forms Multilingual Installato No 1.5.0
Yoast SEO Multilingual Non installato No n/d

Can you suggest a good practice?
Sincerely,
Francesco

April 30, 2019 at 3:52 am #3707773

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

If you want to use Yoast SEO plugin, yes, the Yoast SEO Multilingual plugin is required, it's a glue plugin that allows for easier translation of your SEO content using WPML.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/#what-you-will-need

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar