This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jaimeF-2 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
August 15, 2019 at 8:49 am #4399697

jaimeF-2

Hi there...

I did translate directly my Spanish Page to English (Enfold Template) and everything worked fine. Actually in WPML setting I set Spanish as the main/official Language.

The issues that I have is that when you search for Guudjob on google (My chrome it is setuo in spanish), I get the english Title and MetaDescription in English. (Check out image)
I did completed directly in Yoast SEO plugin the page title and meta description, but Google seams to just see the english content.

Something that it is weird is that once you click on the link on google it takes you to the Spanish version. Actually the main one.

I read about solutions so I finally decided to translate using WPML editor (String, etc....) but even after translate all content, I still have the same problem.

Please wpuld you help me! Thanks

August 15, 2019 at 11:56 am #4400631

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting us.
The issue that you are describing here, reminds me of this article: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/how-browser-language-redirect-affects-google-indexing/

You have probably enabled "Browser language redirection" in WPML > Settings and because of that you are getting the wrong results, because the Google Bot is fetching the site after it is being redirected.

August 24, 2019 at 3:43 pm #4452029

jaimeF-2

So, would you disable the Browser Language Redirection? Which option would you recommend? Thanks indeed

August 26, 2019 at 6:11 am #4456117

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Since you have these issues, yes, I would definitely disable Browser Language Redirection.
Forcing the users to use a certain language is not the best solution, if you ask me.
Perhaps adding a custom code with a notice that the site is available in language X is a better option like in https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/custom-language-switcher/#this-post-is-also-available-in
Or enabling that option to show that in WPML > Languages and having more trust in your visitors to choose the proper language.

August 26, 2019 at 8:02 am #4456591

jaimeF-2

Thanks indeed. I will follow your instructions!