This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.25 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 24, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4821831

amarantaA

Today I update all WPML and Yoast plugins.. in hidden link a nightmare!
First time I did my default languague (English) was ok but changing to my second languague (Spanish) the website shows only 404 pages in all links.

I have to restore the whole website. Then I read about the thread that told us to update first the translation manager before any other one. So I did. Everything fine till I started to update the Yoast plugin and the YOAST SEO multilingual.
Again the same error. The spanish website not working and showing 404 in each page. (You could see the screenshot attached).

So now Yoast SEO Multilingual is deactivated for my spanish site to be alive... so how can I make it work again?

Thanks,
Amaranta
Thanks

October 24, 2019 at 5:45 pm #4822645

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Which version of Yoast SEO Multilingual did you try to install? was it 1.0.2?

Also, try going to Settings -> Permalinks and click on the Update button (without making any changes).

Let me know how it goes.

October 24, 2019 at 6:01 pm #4822713
luisaC-2

Just want to second Amaranta on this. I have the exact same issue. Prefer to have everything working on my website, so I deactivated Yoast SEO Multilingual which is the one causing the problem (in my case only a 404 on the secundary language home page only). Everything running on most recent versions and no other issues. Permalink update does not help.

Update: I reverted Yoast SEO Multilingual to version 1.0.1 and no more 404 on the homepage in Dutch.

New threads created by Alejandro and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-yoast-seo-multilingual-makes-my-non-dafault-language-crash/

October 24, 2019 at 7:16 pm #4822957

amarantaA

David, as luisaC-2 said, I tried the permalink and it didnt work at all. Same issue, plus I had to open another thread because now is an issue in my site. I can not access to the second language (spanish) on the admin. When I try to change I had a 500 internal server error..... its seams something is not redirecting right at all. But the .httaccess looks right for me. Check it out, I did give access in the other thread to look closer.
Thanks

October 25, 2019 at 10:27 am #4826057

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

I'm covering for david in the meantime. we already spotted the issue and is being fixed (we're almost there).

For now, if you do not use a premium feature, specifically wordpress-seo redirects, then you can try temporarily reverting to 1.0.1.

i'll keep you updated as soon as we release the hotfix for this issue.

Regards.

October 25, 2019 at 3:57 pm #4828411

amarantaA

Thanks Alejandro,I just revert to the version 1.0.1 and no 404 errors on the front side in spanish, but unfortunately my main problem now keeps on being there. I opened another post/ticket yesterday after I relaliced. The admin side crash in a 500 error whenever I try to change from english (my main language) to the secondary spanish.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/my-second-languague-crash-in-admin-showing-a-500-internal-server-error/
Keep me posted with this issue, now my main one is the other one.
thanks

October 25, 2019 at 5:57 pm #4829253

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,
We luckily just catched that bug as well and our developers are almost done fixing it.

I'll take that ticket and keep you updated.

November 9, 2019 at 12:59 pm #4918143

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello!

You can update YOAST Multilingual to the latest version as seen here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

The problem was fixed a while ago and since then i didn't notice the same issue anymore occurring again to anyone else (that's why i waited until today to let you know!)

Regards.