This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
February 26, 2019 at 6:32 pm #3246778

vincenzoT-3

Hello,
I am trying to edit a translation as showed in the screenshot. The error states the translation is already in progress. Probably the page(s) were sent in a previous batch to a company, over two years ago, to do a translation job which was quoted, refused and thus never completed. The task was then deleted, probably along with my account, I never got the translations but now the problem is I can't even edit the pages and the HOME Front Page, which is not a page itself and is used by the theme to specify several options.
The issue is probably similar to what was reported here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cannot-translate-page-because-translation-is-already-in-progress/
However I do not have any account to check in a translation company. I am again stuck with this problem. I don't even see a translation management menu anymore in WPML.
Thanks for your help

February 26, 2019 at 6:35 pm #3246830

vincenzoT-3

Attached: screenshot of wmpl menu with no "translation management" link and what the "Translations" page displays.

February 27, 2019 at 3:06 pm #3250972

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Vincenzo,

Please go to this page https://wpml.org/account/downloads/, download the Translation Management, install it on your website, and go to Dashboard → WPML → Translation Management. Here, just check the Jobs and tell me if there's anything here.

Also, can you try to send the pages for translation to your account by following the steps presented here https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/#using-translation-management and tell me if you can translate them this way, please?

Thanks,
Radu

February 27, 2019 at 4:12 pm #3251395

vincenzoT-3

Hello,

I do not have a "Translation Management" to downoload. Like I said, I am not interested in buying a plugin to send over translation tasks, I do not need it.

February 28, 2019 at 5:14 am #3253643

Radu
Supporter

Hey Vincenzo,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area of you website? This way I can check things a bit closer and see what's going on.

Thanks,
Radu

March 3, 2019 at 9:43 pm #3266660

vincenzoT-3

Hello,

i haven't received any update after sharing my website dashboard access.
Any news?
Thanks

March 4, 2019 at 9:26 am #3267635

Radu
Supporter

Hey Vincenzo,

Sorry that I didn't give you any update on this. I already had a look in the last few days but I couldn't spot the source of the problem. Right now I'm checking again your website settings to see why is this happening and come back to you with another message soon, once I make some progress.

Regards,
Radu

March 4, 2019 at 9:30 am #3267688

Radu
Supporter

Hey Vincenzo,

Can you tell me if you can translate the Home page now, please? I just deactivated and activate back the Translation Management plugin and now I no longer see that message saying that the translation is in progress (and also can translate the page).

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] You can't edit this translation because it is already in progress’ is closed to new replies.