This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
June 7, 2019 at 9:55 am #3975449

gigaP

Hello,

I received an automated email from WordPress yesterday with the following message:
Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Multilingual CMS.
[...]
An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 52 of the file /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php. Error message: require_once(): Failed opening required '/srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='/:.')

I logged into wp-admin but I don't see anything wrong.

Please can you explain what the problem is about and if there's anything I should be doing?

Thanks.
G

June 7, 2019 at 11:40 am #3975959

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

The error seems to be caused by a missing file in the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin (sitepress-multilingual-cms folder). In this case I recommend you to manually update the plugin and check if the issue persists.

You can download the plugin from this link: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ and follow this steps to update the plugin: hidden link

Kind regards,
Carlos

June 7, 2019 at 1:16 pm #3976685

gigaP

Thanks Carlos.

I can't update the plugin via FTP since we're hosted at wordpress.com, we don't have access to a FTP. What can we do?

Thanks again.
G

June 7, 2019 at 2:13 pm #3976985

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your message.

In this case I recommend you to install File Manager plugin and try to update the WPML plugins through this plugin's interface.

Note: I case you can't the fastest option is to contact wordpress.com support service.

Regards,
Carlos