This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 30, 2019 at 12:38 am #4112955

delphineF

I am trying to:
There are several issues here:
(a) I cannot create or assign tags to posts. Every time I do I end up having an HTTP 503 error and then I receive an email from WordPress about it.
(b) my site occasionally goes down for several minutes. My hosting provider keeps telling me the problem is with intensive resource usage (IOPS). This never happened before I switched to WPML.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 629 of the file /home/<FOLDER_NAME>/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/taxonomy-term-translation/wpml-term-translations.class.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/<FOLDER_NAME>/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/taxonomy-term-translation/wpml-term-translations.class.php:629
Stack trace:
#0 /home/<FOLDER_NAME>/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/taxonomy-term-translation/wpml-term-translations.class.php(555): WPML_Terms_Translations::quick_edited_post_terms(33496, 'post_tag', Array, false)
#1 /home/<FOLDER_NAME>/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/taxonomy-term-translation/wpml-term-translations.class.php(536): WPML_Terms_Translations::set_tags_in_proper_language(33496, Array, 'post_tag', Array)
#2 /home/<FOLDER_NAME>/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_Terms_Translations::set_object_terms_action(33496, Array, Array, 'post_tag', false, Array)
#3 /home/<FOLDER_NAME>/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#4 /home/<FOLDER_NAME>/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
June 30, 2019 at 10:09 pm #4114991

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. About the first issue "error 503", I'll need to check your site.

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

July 1, 2019 at 10:53 pm #4122435

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. When I access your site and try to update a post this works correctly.

Should I follow some specific step to see the problem? If so, what steps should I take to replicate the problem?

Also, please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

July 6, 2019 at 6:32 pm #4156275

delphineF

Hi,

Feel free to install the Duplicator plugin. The error occurs in 2 cases:

1. When I have visits on the site, I occasionally get HTTP 503. This is something that never happened before. I cannot prove whether it comes from WPML but that's the only change.
2. The HTTP 503 I need investigated in this particular ticket is when I create / assign tags to a new or existing post.

Thanks

July 9, 2019 at 10:17 pm #4174589

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I installed your site in my testing environment so that I could test better.

I've tested your site and this does not seem to be a problem with WPML. In fact, I deactivated all plugins (including WPML) and switched to the default theme. However, for example, it is not possible to create new tags. I'll add an image for you to see.

Note that this problem happens even though all plugins are disabled. That is, this must be related to something else, such as some inconsistency in your database.

Thank you.

July 14, 2019 at 4:48 pm #4205863

delphineF

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for getting back to me. Can you enable WP_DEBUG and tell me what you see in the logs when you try to create a tag? I had a similar issue (in another ticket) re. users and it was due to the fact the primary key was not set to auto_increment. Something did indeed corrupt the DB but I don't know what.

Delphine.

The topic ‘[Closed] Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue – email from WordPress – HTTP 503’ is closed to new replies.